Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart smtp rejecting rar files

• 10-01-2011 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

We can't send rar files as email attachments with Smart. I've called support. They were reluctant to look at the problem but then agreed. It's just been a few hours since I called but was wondering if anybody might would know what the problem might be?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,022 ✭✭✭Wossack

do they send if you change the extension (to .doc or the like), and then change it back on the other side?

are they password protected?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

I renamed to .txt but it made no difference. Not password protected either.

are they large? any problem sending other similar sized attachments?

Thanks for the replies. No, not a size issue either.

This is the message:

[SMTP] (720) . ---> 552 we don't accept email with such content (#5.3.4)

Also, I've tried different rar files with different file contents.

• Advertisement

Looks to be getting blocked their (smarts) side alright

Changing the extension sometimes tricks the stupidier filters from blocking, but guess not in this case..

Somewhat out of idea's unfortunately..! Can you convert the files into something that perhaps isnt blocked? .zip, .ace, .tar etc? winrar should still open them on the receiving end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

I seem to remember that the 552 .... 5.3.4 error code can mean the recipients mbx is full?

Smart are blocking rar files.

Advertisement