Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chater medical or mater private

Options
  • 10-01-2011 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭

hi there

i have to have a lumber spine scan in the coming weeks and while my consultant arranged for me to have this scan in the matter private , my insurance company doesnt cover the full cost of a such a scan at the mater , it does however cover the entire cost of the scan at charter medical

i should mention that im also seeing a physiotherapist for my back problem and he specifically told me that the mater was the best place for having scans read , ive been told before my people that a scan is only as good as whoever is reading it , if this is indeed the case that thier is bound to be some places which have better professionals than others when it comes to this type of x ray - scan etc

so what im asking is , has anyone any experience with charter medical or has anyone any view on whether the mater is indeed superior to other clinics when it comes to the likes of a scan

much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭puheen

hi there irishh_bob, just came upon your post now. I have had scans done in a number of clinics including Charter. I had no problem with them and neither did any of the doctors who used these scans , including a consultant that I attend in the Mater Private. Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

puheen wrote: »
    hi there irishh_bob, just came upon your post now. I have had scans done in a number of clinics including Charter. I had no problem with them and neither did any of the doctors who used these scans , including a consultant that I attend in the Mater Private. Hope this helps.

thanks , i went ahead and booked with charter medical , im having to tommorrow

Advertisement