Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Popular hotels for Christening parties?

Options
  • 10-01-2011 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me how I would go about finding the most popular Hotels for Christening parties?
    Would there be some kind of stats or records anywhere?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Why would there be public stats relating to the booking of function rooms for private parties?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Can anyone tell me how I would go about finding the most popular Hotels for Christening parties?
    Would there be some kind of stats or records anywhere?

Whereabouts are you?

And eh, stats?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Thanks for the replies.
    I'm trying to see if there is an easy way to find out the most popular hotels in different parts of the country for Christening parties.
    I would imagine the hotels themselves would keep a record of what and how many events they cater for but is there anyway I can find this out rather than ringing every hotel in the country?

I am Based in Tullamore and can probably find out which is most popular of the 3 Hotels in town by enquiring locally.

We had a Christening party for our youngest in Bloomfield house in Mullingar (to suit people travelling from around the country) and this was recommended by a friend who lives there, again this was word of mouth from a local.
    Guess I could ask in each of the 'Region' forums?

I am trying to put together a business proposal and this info would be very beneficial to me.
    Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I doubt too many hotels would have solid records of Christening parties.

A Christening party is surely just a regular party with demand on the day for a few extra highchairs.

Dades wrote: »
    I doubt too many hotels would have solid records of Christening parties.

A Christening party is surely just a regular party with demand on the day for a few extra highchairs.
    :D

The last Christening party I was at had the name of the baby being Christened on their electronic message board, with the date and the function room being used. also made a big effort with the decor etc. Plenty of high chairs too lol!

Thought I'd enquire, but seems there is no easy way.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

:D

The last Christening party I was at had the name of the baby being Christened on their electronic message board, with the date and the function room being used. also made a big effort with the decor etc. Plenty of high chairs too lol!

Seems very Celtic Tigerish.

parsi wrote: »
    Seems very Celtic Tigerish.
    It was last summer, so the Tiger was well and truely burried.
    Hotel was probably struggling but still made a big effort.

Advertisement