Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

filmGB etc on freesat

• 10-01-2011 1:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

have filmGB,sofa stars,and sofa screen got a start date on freesat yet????
    my apolagise if this has been asked already

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭homer911

No, not announced yet. Tomorrow is the switch on of ITV1+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

homer911 wrote: »
    No, not announced yet. Tomorrow is the switch on of ITV1+1
    oh nice one thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭reaper180

its been on the last couple of weeks" trial" tomorow is official launch date

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭dunleas

reaper180 wrote: »
    its been on the last couple of weeks" trial" tomorow is official launch date

Will there be a HD version of ITV1+1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Trevord

No Itv1+1 for the moment I would think. They have only been testing an SD version over the last few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Can you have a 'launch' date for a 'new' channel, which isn't going to show anything new, only programmes delayed by an hour?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

NIMAN wrote: »
    Can you have a 'launch' date for a 'new' channel, which isn't going to show anything new, only programmes delayed by an hour?:confused:
    Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭Booms

yes+1:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,548 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

NIMAN wrote: »

Handy for when you are recording something that clashes with the normal itv channel, can happen a lot even with twin inputs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Trevord

Any +1s for mainstream channels are a great addition, especially for those who don't have a pvr

Pity BBC does not seem to want to do any. Odd as they are the rights owners for such a high % of their output.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Yes i have to admit i find the ITV1 (Since testing), Ch4, E4 +1 channels very very handy and i find i watch a lot of stuff on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Trevord wrote: »
    Pity BBC does not seem to want to do any. Odd as they are the rights owners for such a high % of their output.

Down to revenue, a +1 for the BBC doesn't earn anything but does cost something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I wasn't saying that the +1 channels aren't handy - I have availed of them many times myself, even though I am a Sky+ owner, but its surely nothing to get too excited about as there is nothing new on it, which is the point I was trying to make.

For me it would be a case more of "about time they did this", rather than "oh fantastic, great, a new channel to watch".;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Electric Sofa still to appear but "their" old Film24 slot Channel 157 (run by Canis Media) is now owned by Sony who will be launching ANX in the UK sometime this spring

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AXN

Advertisement