Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCAS Application?

Options
  • 10-01-2011 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm currently doing a FETAC level 5 Sports and Recreation course in Drogheda Insititude of Further Education. I'm really thinking about going on to further my study in the UK this year. I went on to the UCAS website and looked at their applying procedure but can't figure out how you apply as a mature student? Can anyone tell me where it is on the site?

ASAP if possible as their closing date is this Friday! :o

Thanks alot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

As far as I know, everyone applying fills in the same form. There's no separate form for mature students. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭CdeC

Hi,
    Yes it's a very simple procedure, easier than the CAO but you need to have your courses picked and codes ready. All exam results and also you need a personal statement which takes time so get cracking unless you want to wait until next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Check out thestudentroom.com and studential.com for examples of personal statements.

I found the student room great as you can ask people in the forum about the unis/colleges over there and pick where you think you'd like to go.

Advertisement