Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noc - Movie Review Night.

Options
  • 10-01-2011 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭

I'd like to suggest, for your consideration, a Movie Review Club. Somewhat similar to a book club, where a movie is chosen each week, and we then get a week to discuss it's merits, or failings.

For example:

Week 1: Dog Soldiers
    Week 2: Shutter - Reviews of Dog Soldiers
    Week 3: The Mist - Reviews Of Shutter

etc, etc.

Movies for review can be selected by anyone, and they don't have to be old movies, it could be a new dvd release. As this is the Noc. Forum, if you suggest a "Click-lit" or "Rom-Com" movie - prepare to be laughed at! :rolleyes:

Only one simple condition: to post a review, you MUST post your own thoughts of the film, no plagiarised google results!

If it's a good film, or utter hogwash, please say why you think that.

How does that sound? Interested??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I'd be up for this, might even turn my own thoughts into an article for my wee magazine since I'll be writing them up anyhows. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

that sounds interesting. i'm up for this.

• Moderators Posts: 51,773 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

was actually thinking of something like this for the forum also, so count me in:)

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I've gotten into a nasty habit of reviewing films on Flixter right after I've seen them so I should be able to join in.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'll do my best but I will recommend Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li.

That's a REAL horror story...

Only kidding, Repo the Genetic Opera, for something a little different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

If i can, i will :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I might take a stab at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

That's great!
    Out of respect and homage to the Bearer of The Dickie, I'd like to propose we accept the challenge. It looks, em, well it's, em, certainly different!
    ... Repo the Genetic Opera, for something a little different.

IMDB Link:

Youtube Link:

We have until next Monday to have watched this movie, and reviews can be @ 00:01 on Monday morning.

It's not essential to post a review, but if you wish to critique someone else's review, then remember to argue with the review, and not the reviewer!

:D

Advertisement