Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone keeps freezing when deleting messages

Options
  • 10-01-2011 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

Hi all, i think i have way too many messages on my mobile, and when i try deleting them even one by one the phone keeps freezing. Does anyone know if there's a way to clear all messages on a phone, is there a shop or anything that can do it?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

what type of phone mate ?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

Its a nokia 2220, one of the basic flip up ones man?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Not familiar with the phone but with other models of Nokia you can "Mark" messages and then delete all Marked messages.

when you click on the message icon and get the "Create Message / Inbox / Sent Items ...", can't you keep scrolling down to "Delete Messages" ?

I can yeh but i might delete 5 and the phone will just freeze and not work for a half hour or so.

• Advertisement

When I select "Delete messages" as above it prompts me to select a folder "Inbox / Drafts / Sent Items" - you aren't getting that ?
    You don't go into individual messages mind, it's a level above that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

You have too many messages. I'm guessing you have 1,000 plus between sent and received. Easiest way is to just do a reset on the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭dreababyluxe

I have the very same issue with my Nokia 3120C. I complained to shop about it within a month of having it and they assured me a software update would be available soon to fix it, but it never did become available and I ended up having to buy a new phone as when it froze it froze for up to 2 days at a time, and simply switching it off and on didn't fix the problem so I obviously couldn't rely on it... And it's annoying because it's a really great phone with excellant functions/apps! I reset mine numerous times but it hasn't cleared my messages which by the time I gave up on the phone and got a new one had come up to 4/5000 since I was never able to delete them.

If you do find a way to fix the problem on yours OP I'd really like to know how you did it as I would love to be able to use my old phone again.

A reset isn't just powering off and on the phone.

There are special codes that you can enter that will either do a soft reset i.e. restore the phone's original settings or do a full reset i.e. completely wipe everything from your phone - including your contacts, messages etc ...

See below for details discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Hardware-Codes-and-Operator/Master-Reset/m-p/67848

A full reset will work in both cases - make sure to save your contacts to your SIM first though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭dreababyluxe

I know lol, I'm not that thick. I have restored mine to factory settings and master reset it but it hasn't worked for me. I think it's frozen on me everytime I've attempted the process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I know lol, I'm not that thick. I have restored mine to factory settings and master reset it but it hasn't worked for me. I think it's frozen on me everytime I've attempted the process.

What code did you use?

Have you cleared messages from the sim?

Thanks for the help people, but long B where does one get these codes

cheers

Advertisement