Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clubfitting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Tones69 wrote: »
    Wasnt messing with it, still have it ha. Just really like the sldr in white, simples.

How'd your mate get on Tones?
    Was he in need of a change and did he see big improvements.

Fair play to them for not trying to pressurise you but when you're creaming the current one it'd be hard to push anything.... Plus they prob know you'll be buying it down the line anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Damn Tone that's seriously good spin numbers and distance, good on ya.

You should have had a bosh at woods to get rid of the dough burning a hole.

Haha i only said to him afterwards, he said to bring the woods when my buddy is pickin up his sticks :)

PARlance wrote: »

Fair play to them for not trying to pressurise you but when you're creaming the current one it'd be hard to push anything.... Plus they prob know you'll be buying it down the line anyway :)

Got on great, big difference in flight and dispersion. Went through every angle possible to be fair and came out of it v happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Id love the luxury of going back again and spending more time on the fitting think and hour is too short, but see myself paying 200 euro for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭Russman

PARlance wrote: »

That's one thing I'd have to massively praise them on, they certainly don't go for the "hard sell". I'd sit slightly on the sceptical side of the fence in some ways, especially the whole "hand built" thing (for some reason that really bugs me !), but if your current/existing club is giving you good enough numbers they'll tell you straight.
    My dad was down last year for a driver fit and they told him they couldn't improve on his numbers materially, so no point in changing unless he simply wanted a new driver. I was down a few weeks ago for the full bag thingy and, again, no hard sell, the driver could be improved on, but the fairway woods were perfect, no need to change. Same with the wedges, my own are fine for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Similar experience for me. I went for a full bag check. And I was open to suggestions. I changed my irons but they said there was no point in changing my woods or wedges.
    No hard sell. An honest opinion from massively experienced and knowledgeable guys. You can see the numbers and stats in front of you to back up what they're saying.
    And i'm delighted with my irons, absolutely love them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Jokah

Sorry for the long post but I feel having been with them for 5 years, I just wanted to put my thoughts out there..

I have been going to Foregolf (FG) for nearly 5 years now and every year I have seen improvement in my game. It does come down to the player who hits the clubs at the end of the day and with all the swing changes I went through, Foregolf tailored their fitting and clubs to suit my updated swing. I went from a 16 to an 8 and still hoping to drop further. I put that down to a combination of clubs and my club pro.

Getting fit in Killeen Castle is so much better than the truck and the experience from when you arrive at the facility to when you leave it second to none.

The customer service is excellent and everytime I arrive, it's natural, professional and just a good overall feeling of being looked after. Yes it is expensive but if you are committed, well worth investment in your game.

McGuirks are hopeless and I don't like their level of customer service - it's hopeless.

American Golf Discount (AMD) in Dundrum are very good and I enjoy their level of engagement when you talk to them about different golf products. No hard sell from AMD.

FG do clubs and clubs only and their expertise has only grown in this area.

Dave has always fitted me and understands what I need everytime. He never offers opinion on swing etc, only on clubs.

I have never had a hard sell from FG and that is what I like about them - you do a club fitting, they show you the numbers on flight scope, they offer opinion on the what they are giving you and take you through the specs of the club..I have had old clubs re-fitted which at times they have said is the best option for me.I never felt rushed to get out the door and if I have questions about clubs I have bought or changes to specs, the follow up service has been superb.

In November 2013, I did test a variety of different wedges on site and when I got the Hakusa wedges in my hands, I loved the feel of them. I was skeptical of course, buying a brand I never heard of but everything felt right - especially because I loved Mizuno wedges for years and didn't want to change...but it's because I got to test all the wedges and got to see the different results from those tests.....Hakusa won out...

I did a full bag check 2 months ago, bar wedges. The irons did need an update and from testing the old irons against the new, it was clear this was the case... after 5 years and the first fitting.....the other clubs were 2 1/2 to 3 years old (bought with FG) - Dave advised nothing needs to change. He said he could have given me an upgrade on my hybrids and my 3 wood but the results from the test showed no real difference so he said there is not need to spend the money..

It hasn't been all smiles and sunshine and there was a time when the 2nd driver they fit for me didn't work out. It actually affected my game. I did think it was me initially because I had change some aspects of my swing with my club pro, but after time, I began to hate the club they built for me. It was modified slightly (at no extra cost) and they did one or two things extra (at no extra cost) but still the results went from good at the start to very bad in the end....I probably as a golfer wasn't ready for the club they fit me and did have great rounds with it, but as a golfer, I lost all confidence in the club (like golfers do in a putter) and it just had to go...so much so the club met an unfortunate end.....

I rang them at the beginning of the week, they fit me in for 30 mins, last minute mind to test new drivers (no charge) and this is what sums them up. Yes, they probably did know I was going to buy a driver from them but they went out of their way to ensure I left happy. Proper customer service.

Foregolf are an Irish company, they have come through the recession and I am proud to support them..everyone will have their problems and bad experiences and that is business - everyone is entitled to voice their opinion. It's a shame to read about bad experiences, because I have had nothing but positive...

I know low handicappers who say Titleist in Carton works for them, AMD works for them, PING fitting days, Taylormade etc...each to their own...

Jokah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,276 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

^
    If it's so good and beneficial, why do you need to keep going to them for five years?
    Sounds a lot like your swing changes a lot...how can they possibly fit for anything other than how you happen to be swinging on the day.

Spend cash on lessons imo, results you can use forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭shaneon77

GreeBo wrote: »
    ^
    If it's so good and beneficial, why do you need to keep going to them for five years?
    Sounds a lot like your swing changes a lot...how can they possibly fit for anything other than how you happen to be swinging on the day.

if Derek Murray is reading this, would you please give greebo a free fitting so he can see what its all about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

shaneon77 wrote: »
    if Derek Murray is reading this, would you please give greebo a free fitting so he can see what its all about.

Bit like going to a barber and asking if you need a haircut if you ask me.
    €100 to look at your bag but if you put a deposit on top you can have an appointment in the next month. They have you by the short and curlies then.
    I'll do my own fitting thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Jokah wrote: »
    I went from a 16 to an 8 and still hoping to drop further. I put that down to a combination of clubs and my club pro.
    ^

He seems to be going in the right direction to me. He's using a good service and getting lessons at the same time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭ShivasIrons

Jokah wrote: »

I rang them at the beginning of the week, they fit me in for 30 mins, last minute mind to test new drivers (no charge) and this is what sums them up. Yes, they probably did know I was going to buy a driver from them but they went out of their way to ensure I left happy.

Jokah

What driver were you fitted for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭ShivasIrons

^

How much can a swing change on a day to day basis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Jokah

I believe more in lessons than club changes. I've just updated my set as my old clubs (not purchased in FG) become redundant..

I've changed my irons once in 5 years, bought hybrids once in 5 years, bought wedges once in 5 years and changed my driver twice in 5 years.. The driver would have been once until It broke.. Not like I'm going to them every 6 months!

I've gone to them once a year, sometimes twice ( where the session was free cos it only took 20 mins).

I've been using the same pro for 7 years and I have visited him 15 times more than FG. I do believe in lessons more.

FG is not for everyone but I've seen the results. I put it down to the pro and his advice and the clubs compliment that..

I got an X Hot 2 Pro with a new updated shaft 60g x stiff 3.5 torque..felt great everytime I hit the ball

the two big berthas heads were too heavy and I was dragging them.. Great clubs but just didn't suit.. The Cobra was nice but didn't feel good.. Sldr just was wrong for me..

I've spent 300 euro in 5 years on fitting sessions.. 2 100s and 2 50s.. Have had 2 free sessions. 60 euro a year as a break down and for me it's been worth it..

FG not for everyone but I'm happy..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Why mess with your driver if your hitting 320 with range balls? That's savage distance.

Those 2 trees aren't 320, more like 280

fullstop wrote: »

I didnt measure them just goin on what dave said. Was crackin them anyway and the top of it too.. Dont really care anyway 280/300 whatevs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭bustercherry

And downhill with a helping wind ;)

And downhill with a helping wind ;)

I know my distances cheers ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

People laughed/scoffed when Tones69 stated that he would get to single figures

Dealerz wrote: »
    People laughed/scoffed when Tones69 stated that he would get to single figures

Lol he speaketh the truth! Anyway back on topic. FG sound aul bunch offer a great service

• Advertisement

The lads do admit its a favourable range. All downhill.

The lads do admit its a favourable range. All downhill.

Lol yee lot are unreal. 111mph clubhead and 164nph ball speed so im happy with that. Dont care as long as it goes straight ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,067 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Lol yee lot are unreal. 111mph clubhead and 164nph ball speed so im happy with that. Dont care as long as it goes straight ;)

is nph the measurement of the speed of light. :D

Don't mind them tones - I believe you hit it miles. I'd say sometimes when you connect - the earth just tilts an nph.

is nph the measurement of the speed of light. :D

Don't mind them tones - I believe you hit it miles. I'd say sometimes when you connect - the earth just tilts an nph.

I go in nph :D

Why am I unreal?

Why am I unreal?

"The range is favourable". Knotoickin same as the other guy sayin "those trees are more like 280 not 300". Whoooo cares :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭big_drive

I was last there in October 2012, that was my second visit. Will go back again this October as it will be 2 years and just want to see if there are any little changes and anything that can be tweaked a bit. Looking forward to it already

"The range is favourable". Knotoickin same as the other guy sayin "those trees are more like 280 not 300". Whoooo cares :)

I was actually quoting what I was told, by the lads, when I went there for my fitting. I'm a fan, I got my clubs there and highly recommend them. Stop being so precious.

Well you did give yourself an extra 40 yards, you said 320 not 300...all well and good saying who cares now...after you get rumbled.

• Advertisement

Well you did give yourself an extra 40 yards, you said 320 not 300...all well and good saying who cares now...after you get rumbled.

Didnt give myself anything. I just said wat i was told by the fitter in FG. I even said it in my first post if you read back, i said on the printout some of my carries were in excess of 315/320 but with a slight wind and the range is downhill, i know of a dead calm day i carry the ball 285ish. 111mph clubhead speed with 163ish ballspeed, i couldnt give a **** after that to be honest about uphill downhill, ur right im wrong sorta crap ok. Simples :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

big_drive wrote: »
    just want to see if there are any little changes....

Sounds like they have lads playing off the forward tRees these days :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭snaphook

Yes the range is favourable.

It's favourable when you hit your current clubs.
    It's favourable when you hit recommendations too.

Compare and contrast.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Iangolf

I took this pic through my rangefinder from their bay today!

Fair play Tones, they sound like good number but I'm not sure about their distance stats as it had me hitting my current 6 iron 235 today.. I know I don't hit it that far.

I thought the guys were great, and they know their stuff, I was much more consistent with the shafts they recommended and as others have said, no hard sell.

They are really passionate about what they do!

Iangolf wrote: »
    I took this pic through my rangefinder from their bay today!

Fair play Tones, they sound like good number but I'm not sure about their distance stats as it had me hitting my current 6 iron 235 today.. I know I don't hit it that far.

I thought the guys were great, and they know their stuff, I was much more consistent with the shafts they recommended and as others have said, no hard sell.

They are really passionate about what they do!

Yeah id well believe it. I gave my stats in the 1st post i know myself in normal conditions i carry it about 280. 111mph ss 163 bs. Was crackin the tree branches at the top, wasnt like the ball was rolling and hitting the bark at the bottom lol. But anyway yeah the setup there is top class, theyre sound and definitely do not push any sales which is great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Yeah id well believe it. I gave my stats in the 1st post i know myself in normal conditions i carry it about 280. 111mph ss 163 bs.

110 mph swingspeed with driver equates to 264 yards carry. The pros average 113mph with carry of 269y and I'd say they strike it pretty well.

CarryDistanceSwingSpeedChart-600x218.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

Milkers wrote: »
    110 mph swingspeed with driver equates to 264 yards carry. The pros average 113mph with carry of 269y and I'd say they strike it pretty well.

Yea but there're not Tones69, he's awesome you know, he has like a smash factor of 2.0 or something.

Milkers wrote: »

My god, why are people draggin it out? But seeing as you want to, that chart is DONKEYS old. It doesnt even take angle of attack into consideration or anything sure!?
    This chart is a more accurate depiction as it has a HUGE effect on how far the ball travels! A 105 ss hitting down on the ball or level wont go anywhere near the same distance as someone hitting up on it 2 or 3 degrees. Can we leave it now?
    As ive said its more strike and ballspeed im happy with. 111.5mph ss with 163.7 ballspeed and +2.5 degrees angle of attack = happy happy driver. Im leaving it now coz it will just keep goin round in circles :)

Yea but there're not Tones69, he's awesome you know, he has like a smash factor of 2.0 or something.

Oh my god will you whisht, have i even talked with you? Im raging i even said id post my foregolf session as KNEW this would happen! Same as when i started my 18 to singles figures thread 2 years ago! Got abused for that too, bunch of fairies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭John Divney

110 will carry 275 at 5 degrees up on centre hits., no reason to be shocked if his spin is as low as he said.

110 will carry 275 at 5 degrees up on centre hits., no reason to be shocked if his spin is as low as he said.

Im not allowed say anything anymore im on a yellow card - LOL :). You dont fit in here unless you drive it 240 and hit 9i 120.

Edit: spin with the sldr was 1970rpm. Nice :)

• Advertisement

Apart from the fact that 320 yards from the top of those trees is somewhere in the carpark...:pac:

Apart from the fact that 320 yards from the top of those trees is somewhere in the carpark...:pac:

Imagine a moderator stirring ****. Comical. Dont be jealous cos u have to layup on par 3s Gree :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Where does a car park come into it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Imagine a moderator stirring ****. Comical. Dont be jealous cos u have to layup on par 3s Gree :)

Best.

Comeback.

Ever.

etxp wrote: »
    Where does a car park come into it?

It's not physically possible to hit it 320 yards and hit the tree because the bays aren't that far from the tree.

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Best.

Comeback.

Ever.

Get.
    Out.
    More.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Get.
    Out.
    More.

Relax Geebo, you'll live longer...

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Relax Geebo, you'll live longer...

Couldnt be more relaxed Bnny Cke, we are all entitled to our opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Iangolf

It's not physically possible to hit it 320 yards and hit the tree because the bays aren't that far from the tree.

Yeah Greebo, he got it, I think you need to chill out and take your jealousy elsewhere! And keep on topic, to quote someone... We have off topic threads... "Locked"

For the record, on reflection my session with foregolf was massively informative. Great bunch of guys and I think you should go before judging it!!

Iangolf wrote: »
    Yeah Greebo, he got it, I think you need to chill out and take your jealousy elsewhere!

For the record, on reflection my session with foregolf was massively informative. Great bunch of guys and I think you should go before judging it!!

I was answering a specific question from extp.

Snakeoil men are typically very friendly and approachable, makes it all the easier to attract marks.

As for jealousy? Don't make me larf.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement