Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cupids Dash in the Phoenix

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

What a load of rubbish

We have also received some questions about the distance of the route as a few people's GPS systems showed discrepancies of up to 100m,

Most peoples GPS watches had the course as 200m + short. It's quite obvious that they neglected to run around the triangle at the top of the Kyber.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Awful
    ultraman1 wrote: »
    dont know if they have a aai permit,but if it was measured properly by a course measurer they would still have a measurement cert and measurement notes,re:where the start was,finish was,any turns etc..

I see, I don't think I'll bother though as I'm sure Irish Fit have received more complaints than just the ones from here and obviously don't give a toss. I won't be running one of their events again, others I'm sure will boycott them too but these well marketed, monetary driven events will always draw crowds.

Also, Someone should email the organisers on this link

As you can see there, of the 18 events named 'cupid's dash' recorded on garmin connect in the last 30 days, all 18 are less 10k. The shortest is 6.09 miles (9.8km) and the average is around 6.12miles (9.85km).

So if it were true that only 'some' GPS watches measured the course up to 100m short that would be fair enugh, but the fact is 18/18 devices measured the course an average of 150m short.

Actually I checked the Garmin links from last year
    and all were similarly short last year as well. was this not picked up then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Guys, its a race called 'Cupids Dash', do you not think your taking this whole distance thing a bit too serious. I could understand if it was a proper race, but come on, its a fun run for joggers. I hope the Operation transformer race is accurately measured for you's:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Poor
    gerard65 wrote: »
    Guys, its a race called 'Cupids Dash', do you not think your taking this whole distance thing a bit too serious. I could understand if it was a proper race, but come on, its a fun run for joggers. I hope the Operation transformer race is accurately measured for you's:D

The OT race isn't charging €25 entry. If I had paid €25 for anything and it was **** I would be a little annoyed.

mloc123 wrote: »
    The OT race isn't charging €25 entry. If I had paid €25 for anything and it was **** I would be a little annoyed.
    IT WAS 25YOYO's?? To run around the park. The words 'fool' 'money' and 'part' come to mind.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

IT WAS 25YOYO's?? To run around the park. The words 'fool' 'money' and 'part' come to mind.

From the same bloke who charges people 30 euro to run in the park with him.

http://www.irishfit.eu/marathon2.html

No coaching sessions etc just to get to run with him in the phoenix park...

Reading about the success of the 'club members' in races is fun too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Awful

You forgot to include this part which makes it good value for money:D

"a free sweat wicking t-shirt and a 10% discount in our shop, plus your training plans and more advice than you'll have time to digest!"

If you want to pay me 30 euro you can run around the park with me and i get you a lidl training top when they come in!

For training plan go to google and for a chat come to boards, all for 30 euro!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Awful
    You forgot to include this part which makes it good value for money:D

"a free sweat wicking t-shirt and a 10% discount in our shop, plus your training plans and more advice than you'll have time to digest!"

If you want to pay me 30 euro you can run around the park with me and i get you a lidl training top when they come in!

For training plan go to google and for a chat come to boards, all for 30 euro!!!!:D

I'll do it for €25 :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

mrslow wrote: »
    I'll do it for €25 :D

I'll do it for €20, and let you run around the park on your own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Awful
    robinph wrote: »

you offer a independent runner for 20 euros! Thats impressive:D

robinph wrote: »
    Thats a great deal. Can you post your bank account details so I can lodge in my money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Anybody know the official name of the running club...Some say it's 'The Tea Room A.C' ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Thats a great deal. Can you post your bank account details so I can lodge in my money.

Prince ROBINPH His Higness of LAGOS
    Bank of Kenya: 923y873

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 niaodha

Can somebody tell me why they are taking that idea that we all started at 10am when we didn't..the race didn't start at time ...so annoying paid €25 for such a bad organised race there was over 10 of us that did it and not one of us would do any races by this place again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Seems like there's been issues with this race last year and the year before too. Threads posted on an earlier reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I'm not a fan of guy by any means, and out of principle I would never do any of his races as I think he is a complete chancer.

However I did this a couple of years ago and found it really good. I hadn't run in years and found his training plan based on time and not distance better for me. There were also lots of beginners there and it was very motivating to meet up afterwards to compare. Am still in touch with some of them. And i did complete the marathon, even if it wasn't a quick time. In essence, he made the training fun. For a non-excerciser like me that was invaluable.

Although I did give up the running again after the marathon, he did show me that I could run if I really wanted to (am in the middle of the c25K to get back to it).

Anyway, although I don't particularly like the guy, credit where credits due- and this is just my opinion.

Advertisement