Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

firearm substitution

Options
  • 10-01-2011 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭

waiting 3 months to change from my 204 to 22-250 my local garda who deals with the liscences said he has everything processed on his end is there a way that u can check where its at is there a crowd that does the liscences seperately

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭The Big Fella

The licence is printed in dublin as far as I no. It should only take a few days for a substitution. Id be ringing the station if I were you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

The licence is printed in dublin as far as I no. It should only take a few days for a substitution. Id be ringing the station if I were you.

An Garda Síochána Headquarters
    Address:Phoenix Park

Telephone:+353 1 666 0000

OP
    As your local lad said there was nothing to do his end, then ask the other end!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭rugerman

An Garda Síochána Headquarters
    Address:Phoenix Park

Telephone:+353 1 666 0000

OP
    As your local lad said there was nothing to do his end, then ask the other end!

is that where the liscences are made out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Thats the garda head office call that no and as for firearms licencing, give them your FAC number and they will tell you what stage its at

rang that number got tru and a woman said they dont deal with them any more she said contact the main office for which she had no number:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Firstly i believe the licenses are printed by An Post in Clare as per the payments details on your grant letter. I cannot see An Gardai printing the licenses in Dublin, sending them to clare to be distributed from there.

Secondly any Garda with a knowledge of the PULSE system can check your details and applicaion status. This includes your local Garda. He can do it from your station and the people in Dublin will only have access to the same information as your local Garda and thats whats on PULSE.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Feidhlim Dignan

rugerman ring the garda commputer office, i dont have the number but if get on to them they will tell you what the story with your licence is. it worked for me got the licence 8 days after

its beyond a joke now 3months for a sub my fo is fairly sound with me he got me my 30-06 in a week b4 the deer season so i dont think hes acting up or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭foxboy

computer firearms office 016661911
    rang them just before christmas about getting silencer added because I was been sent from billy to jack in my local
    lovely fellow rang my local to see what was going on and rang me back
    in 10mins to tell me I would have it in the new year, got it 7th Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭New_one

Licences are fully processed locally and then batch printed. I had huge hassle with one until I got talking to someone I knew. Processed within 10 mins and it arrived two days later. Also it was a sub from .177 to .270!!!!!! Luck or what!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

just out of interest do you have to pay the 80 euro again when you do a substitution

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭foxboy

ormondprop wrote: »
    just out of interest do you have to pay the 80 euro again when you do a substitution
    no

Advertisement