Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Draft 2011 Timetable for Iarnrod Eireann services

Options
  • 10-01-2011 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

From: http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/news.asp?action=view&news_id=991

New Public Consultation Process for Rail Timetable Changes Introduced: Check Draft schedules now by Corporate Communications

10th January 2011

Iarnród Éireann has announced a new process for major rail schedule revisions which will ensure that customers have a say in timetable changes before they are formally adopted.

The new process will see draft revisions posted online on this website, and provide a response form for customers to express opinions on changes proposed, or any other schedule issues they wish to see addressed. These are then examined before the final timetable is adopted.

The first customers to benefit from this new process will be those on:

- Intercity and Commuter routes to and from Heuston Station

- Cork-Tralee and Cork commuter routes

- Regional routes such as Galway to Limerick, Waterford to Limerick Jn, and Limerick to Ballybrophy via Nenagh

Draft schedules are now on this website by clicking this link ( http://www.irishrail.ie/contact_us/timetable_comments.asp )– and we are asking customers for their opinions on the proposed schedule over the next four weeks.

These will then be examined to identify major issues and improvements suggested by customers. Iarnród Éireann will endeavour to implement customers’ suggestions where possible. Suggested alterations which cannot be implemented at this timetable change will be retained in a database for consideration at future timetable reviews.

It would then be intended to implement the new schedules, incorporating customer feedback, by April of this year.

This new initiative is the ideal way for customers to see the changes we propose, and for us to hear our customers views on the changes, and on existing schedule issues they wish to see addressed.

It will be easy to access for everybody, ensuring we get the widest possible level of feedback.

We would encourage all customers on these routes to take a few minutes to look at their route and the proposed changes, and to let us know what they think – whether they are completely happy with the schedule we are proposing, or whether it creates difficulties for them.

We will be using this process for all major schedule revisions in the future, with draft schedules for Connolly Station routes, including Intercity, DART and Commuter, to be published in the coming weeks.

Highlights of the new schedule proposals include:

- Journey time improvements, including on some Heuston-Cork and Limerick-Galway services

- Improved connections between Limerick-Galway and key Galway-Dublin services

- Improved Athenry-Galway commuter services, and new evening Galway-Ennis & Ennis-Galway commuter service

- Improved connections between Waterford-Limerick Junction trains and Intercity services

- Extra Sunday Cork-Midleton trains

While these are the more significant changes, Iarnród Éireann advises all customers on all routes to view the draft schedules, as many services will see departure time changes, or changes to stopping patterns of individual changes which may affect their journeys.

END
    ==========================================================

The draft timetable maybe downloaded directly from the IE website at this link: http://www.irishrail.ie/your_journey/printed_timetable_pdfs/Draft%202011%20Heuston%20Side%20Timetable.pdf

Alterations to Portarlington services (only major changes are highlighted here - schedule alterations of a couple of minutes are not mentioned).

WEEKEDAYS:

09.00 Heuston - Cork will now run non-stop to Portlaosie. Connections to Cork, Limerick and Tralee routes can be made by getting the 08.30 Heuston - Portlaoise from Portarlington to Portlaoise.

11:00 Heuston - Cork will now run non-stop to Portlaosie. Connections to Cork, Limerick, Clonmel / Waterford and Tralee routes can be made by getting the 10:15 Heuston - Portlaoise from Portarlington to Portlaoise.

16:25 Heuston - Limerick currently runs non-stop to Portlaoise. It is proposed to insert additional stops at Monastervin (16.59) and Portarlington (17.07) to plug the 105 minute gap (15.25 - 17.10) in services from Dublin. A most welcome development!

05:00 Cork - Heuston is deferred to depart at 05.15. This train will now call at Portarlington 07.29 (was 07.17) and arrive into Heuston at 08:15 (was08:15).

07.35 Portlaoise - Heuston is deferred to depart at 07.43. This train will now call at Portarlington 07.52 (was 07.46) and arrive into Heuston at 08:43 (was08:42). This change is to allow the 06.20 (was 06.30) Limerick - Heuston service to get a clear run from Portlaoise to Heuston.

The big gap between 07.52 & 09.50 to Heuston still remains.

19.35 Portlaoise - Portarlington service is withdrawn. The 17.30 Cork - Heuston service will make an additional stop at Portarlington (19:45) to compensate.

SUNDAY

No service alterations.

Enterprise.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

A train to have me home from Dublin at 17:07 :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D etc

Ok tight to get down for 16:25 but i think i might get a fold up bike to use for it !

When would this happen if it is to go through, i also agree about the big morning gap !

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

A train to have me home from Dublin at 17:07 :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D etc

Ok tight to get down for 16:25 but i think i might get a fold up bike to use for it !

When would this happen if it is to go through, i also agree about the big morning gap !

I thought the Portarlington commuters would like that. :D I also suspect the 1710 Heuston - Athlone service will see a fall in numbers as result.

While the morning gap remains it is good to get the evening gap finally closed after several months of lobbying.

IE haven't stated a start date for this proposed timetable but I suspect it will be sometime in the period March - April.

Enterprise.

But no mention of the proposed 5% rise in fares:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

It's about time the 5am Cork-Dublin train had that padding removed from it
    I'll enjoy the extra 10-15 mins in bed!
    Also 17:10 to Athlone is a great train and always has just enough seats for everyone but you hear many people moan about the wait they have for it, so the 16:25 extra stops should improve that.

The morning gap of 2hrs is still a problem and neccessitates a trip to Kildare station if you need to get to Dublin by train.

I agree about waiting around for the 17:10, i can finish at 4 but stay on becuase there is no point going down to stand around heuston. The 16:25 will be a push but it will make such a change to my life.

The 07:xx ish Cork train has been all over the place for the last 6 yrs to be honest. I got the 06:50 train this morning and it was a pleasure, lots of seats and all commuters so lovely and quiet:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement