Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good bye UPC, I'm outta here!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,918 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I won't leave them buy I might drop down a speed since the 30Meg upgrade I never get close to that speed during peak times of 6 to midnight, most I get is 11Meg, down to even 3Meg, I logged the issue with them in May and was promised that the local node was being upgraded in Work Week 50 which would sort out the contention/congestion issue this has not happened to date I also think they should credit my account for not providing me with anywhere close to the package I'm paying for during peak times.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

[QUOTE=Nody;70045983]Company policy for monitoring most likely; anyone put on hold for more then 60s would get scored down/fail the monthly review.

If I remember correctly it has to do with the card in the box being updated/checked by Sky. There was/is ways around it with doing a one time update etc. but all of those would require a regular phone line I think :([/QUOTE]

You are very charitable to them given their well known record for leaving people on hold. If they are that concerened about keeping people on hold why dont they arrange for the "cancellations department,," who from posts on here seem extraordinaly unavailabe these days, to ring customers back?

I have absolutely no doubt that they are trying to frustrate people who wish to cancel their accounts with them.

I doubt if the sales department are often unavailable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

I won't leave them buy I might drop down a speed since the 30Meg upgrade I never get close to that speed during peak times of 6 to midnight, most I get is 11Meg, down to even 3Meg, I logged the issue with them in May and was promised that the local node was being upgraded in Work Week 50 which would sort out the contention/congestion issue this has not happened to date I also think they should credit my account for not providing me with anywhere close to the package I'm paying for during peak times.

Are you sure you are using a fast enough computer and connected to the gateway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,918 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Are you sure you are using a fast enough computer and connected to the gateway?

nothing to do with how fast the pc is (which it is fast enough as I built it myself) I always hook up the modem directly to the pc whenever I ring as to avoid them blaming my router. Any it's down to congestion in the area they admitted last night and should be fixed in WW04

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,465 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I cancelled my TV service with them because of the price increase and they charged me €99.99 for that despite me sending them an email quoting their own website which said i could do it without penalty.
    I called their customer care and they agreed , but I still got billed it.
    It took me threatening a complaint to Comreg before they finally admitted they were in breach of their own contract (and Comreg regulations) before they rescinded the €99.99 charge.
    The only reason I'm still with them is their broadband is the best available in Dublin CC right now.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 seanleavy

This sneaky price increase has annoyed me.

Just to top it off they are now throttling my fileserve downloads (Ive read somebody here have problems with megaupload). I use this service to transfer files to and from a friend abroad. It worked well before. Now my premium downloads are at 50KB a second.

My speed test is 13mb, not the 20mb they allegedly upgraded me too.

P.S Has anyone used Dropbox on UPC? Does it work correctly?

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭jock101

UPC/NTL bankruptcy may come a knocken, I hope so! Threating your customers like dog sh1t. I was a customer with them on 100quid a month package. But they overcharged me, provided me with pixelated pictures and freezing TV and LIMITED BB, and worst of all contemptuous customer support!

So as the OP said in the title:Goodbye UPC, I'm "LONG GONE"outta here!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

jock101 wrote: »
    UPC/NTL bankruptcy may come a knocken

What's this based on? The company are a large profitable multinational owned by Liberty Global. Don't see them going bankrupt anytime soon.
    seanleavy wrote: »
    P.S Has anyone used Dropbox on UPC? Does it work correctly?

Yes and yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭jock101

daveyjoe wrote: »
    What's this based on? The company are a large profitable multinational owned by Liberty Global. Don't see them going bankrupt anytime soon.

Yes and yes.

Well, there attitude to Irish customers is a very bad business model! Especially in smashed economy like ours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 brianw

from my experience i feel i should defend smart.
    i have been a customer for 5 years, at 2 addresses in dublin.
    i have never had any serious issues with the connection or speed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement