Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facility/machine for counting coins anywhere?

Options
  • 10-01-2011 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Anyone know where I good take a huge amount of coins that was raised for charity to get it counted in one of those machines? The bank won't accept the coins until they've been counted but it would take a month to count it all!
    Thanks ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Rodar08 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I good take a huge amount of coins that was raised for charity to get it counted in one of those machines? The bank won't accept the coins until they've been counted but it would take a month to count it all!
    Thanks ;)

There is one in Gormleys centra in letterkenny (well there was) fire the coins in and it gives you i ticket you go up to the counter and get your money but if its a large amount i'd check with hem first, but bear in mind these machines usually charge an fairly high percentage rate.

My advise is to get yourself a load of money bags from the bank, ask them what weight = the amounts in the bags go home and use a scales to measure them out yourself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rodar08

Thanks for that homernsimpson :) I'm gonney ring that shop and see what the percentage is n all first.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mk2

10% it used to be i cant remember seeing it there recently but?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

There's also a machine in Supervalue in Ballybofey

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

dunnes had a money counting jar before christmas .... could be worth investing ...think it was about a tenner or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭misterdeeds

Thanks ;)
    hi there i have one of those exact machines myself for the said purpose but since i live in kilkenny and u live in donegal me and my machine are of no use to you but i wanted to add that these machines are invaluable when it comes to counting/sorting coins i use mine to count/sort approx 4000e per month only takes 2 hrs max all bagged and all if you require a machine similar to mine u can get them in the english papers from time to time via readers offers

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Would the church have one of these for the weekly collections? With it being charity they might help out and you could avoid any fees.
    Alternatively get people together for a money counting party!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭M.Pool

I saw a woman buy one of those coin counting machines in TK Max in Derry last week. It's worth having a look to see if they still have them in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

But the fun is the money counting!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

M.Pool wrote: »
    I saw a woman buy one of those coin counting machines in TK Max in Derry last week. It's worth having a look to see if they still have them in stock.

Think the ones in TKmax in derry and letterkenny are UK coins only.

The church is a good idea, or you could try and contact John Gormley (owns Gormley's Centra) tell him its for charity and would he wave the 10% fee, worth a try.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Senna wrote: »
    The church is a good idea, or you could try and contact John Gormley (owns Gormley's Centra) tell him its for charity and would he wave the 10% fee, worth a try.

Good luck with that :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Good luck with that :p

:D probably
    Try and get him in front of loads of customers, keep saying loudly "its for charity", embarrass him into it

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

We carried out a charity cycle last year and collected 18,000 Euro, got a counting party around a table over 3 evenings separated the 1st night and then bagged the following 2 nights, must say the craic around the table was good and didn't have to pay some shop or bank a percentage of our "hard earned" money.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭josey_whale

The bank won't accept the coins until they've been counted but it would take a month to count it all!
    Thanks ;)

Could you not just weigh them? Separate the coins and weigh them with a digital kitchen scales...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euro_coins

Advertisement