Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Currys UPC offer with €250 voucher

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Esel wrote: »
    From the OP.

Is the offer finished, or has it been extended? (Sorry this has been stated somewhere in the thread).

Customers who successfully subscribe to and install one of the following UPC Bundles (as set out in point 1(a)) in any Carphone Warehouse, D.I.D Electrical, PC World or Currys Store (the “Retailer”) between 9 May 2011 and 2 January 2012 can qualify (subject to availability and terms and conditions) for a gift card worth €250 to exchange against a free netbook with a RRP of €250 (model dependent on retailer, details available instore) or to spend against any product available from the Retailer.
    Customers who successfully subscribe to and install one of the following UPC Bundles (as set out in point 1(b)) in any Carphone Warehouse, D.I.D Electrical, PC World or Currys Store (the “Retailer”) between 9 May 2011 and 2 January 2012 can qualify (subject to availability and terms and conditions) for a gift card worth €125 to exchange against a free HD TV with a RRP of €125 (model dependent on retailer, details available instore) or to spend against any product available from the Retailer. To be eligible for this gift card offer you must subscribe to one of the following UPC Bundle Services (or High Definition equivalent versions) in any Carphone Warehouse, D.I.D Electrical, PC World or Currys store; (Not valid with any other retail offers).

Aye 'tis back on 'til Jan 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭pelluci

Does anyone know if there is any way of reducing the installation charges on this deal and/or get the 2 month half price deal (I know, I want it all!). I signed up for the deal in Curry's and got the call back today and even though I'm doing the self-install, it costs €60, on top of the €90 I'm missing out on from the half price deal (I'm getting the Fibre Power Ultimate with HD, Anytime Calls and Multiroom), which is €150 more than a normal online sign-up.

I know, I'm still €100 better off, but it's not quite the €250 I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hi folks, I'm advising a home owner on changing packages and this is looking like the best deal for them. Here's the situation.

They currently have:
    • UPC basic tv package - just the basic channels, paying 25eur a month or so. No set top box
    • Vodafone phone and broadband - paying approx 47eur a month, free local, national anytime calls with always on broadband and choice of 3 vodafone numbers to call free any time

They want:
    • UPC package including free anytime local and national calls
    • broadband
    • tv

I've been advised in this post that if they cancel their current tv service, that after 30 days, they can sign up as a new customer completely to avail of the full €250 voucher as opposed to the €125 for current tv customers. They are fine with cancelling the tv for 30 days to gain €125.

I need to know:
    • If their tv is cancelled, will they still be able to receive the 4 basic Irish channels, RTE, RTE2, TG4 and TV3?
    • Will the package they want be available to them through the Curry's deal (full package but also including the free anytime local and national calls, which is usually a fiver extra per month, which they have no problem paying, but need to know they will still qualify for the voucher opting to pay the fiver extra deal)
    • does the information in the post I linked to above signify they'll definitely get the full €250 package I wonder?
    • If the deal goes through and they qualify for the €250, paying the package price for basic tv, always on broadband and home phone with free anytime calls (I believe the usual price is €65 per month), will the monthly price still be €65 per month through Curry's?
    • Will they need to pay any extras, I see installation fee is mentioned above but I see you can do a self install also, but would this require technical and electrical knowledge?

Also, any suggestions on what way to go about making up for losing out on the 3 free vodafone numbers? The home owner has one friend in particular that they speak to for maybe 1 hour a week over the phone. This could add up to quite a sum without a good deal.

Any feedback greatly appreciated as they are looking to do this today or tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Rocksteadykk

Applied in store...they said it would be sent out after I paid my first bill. Have paid 2 bills since and its been more than 2 months. Hate it when companies blatantly commit false advertising. UPC are saying to deal with PC world and they are saying the opposite.

Advertisement