Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child Maintenance after Marriage Breakdown

Options
  • 10-01-2011 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi All,

I hope you can give me some advice. I separated from my wife almost four years ago. During that period I have paid the mortgage on my family home although I no longer live there. The payments are €840.00 per month. I have two grown up children, one is 27 and employed and the other is 20 and in full time education. I pay my estranged wife €800.00 per month for my younger child. To be honest, when I pay my own rent of 650.00 per month and my own house hold bills I am literally skint every month. I am going through mediation at the moment and hope to have it finalised this May. Since the 2010 budget tax measures kicked in I can no longer afford to pay €800.00 per month for my youngest child and I have to reduce this somewhat in order to survive myself. I have agreed to give my wife the family home without dispute. She works but only ears about €250.00 per week but my eldest daughter lives with her also and contributes some amount. Is what I am paying (€1650.00 in total) reasonable or am I being screwed? my wife refuses to work more than 15 hours a week and says I should be supporting her as well. Any advice would be really welcome. Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

This is the Boards.ie Help Desk for issues associated with the site itself.

You could try the Parenting forum.

Advertisement