Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract cancelation???

Options
  • 10-01-2011 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭

Hows it going lads/lassies.

I went onto a meteor contract 3 months ago and since then it’s been a disaster. At the start they put me on the wrong price plan and it took at least a month and a half to sort that out and then they were supposed to take an unlimited internet add on off as I no longer needed it about a month ago and the add on is still on my account and I am still being charged.

I know it properly only sounds like a small thing but it’s just really after annoying me and I have lost all faith in meteor as a company as I am also still having bother with another contract I have with them. My question to you guys is, is there any way I can cancel my contract with them without any penalties as im having so much trouble? On top off the network trouble I am also having horrible trouble with the phone itself. It will never use wifi when I am on the internet and I know I am connected to it but the phone refuses to use the wifi, it also drops calls and freezes when I try and delete texts..

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers
    Jason

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

heyjay14 wrote: »
    Hows it going lads/lassies.

I went onto a meteor contract 3 months ago and since then it’s been a disaster. At the start they put me on the wrong price plan and it took at least a month and a half to sort that out and then they were supposed to take an unlimited internet add on off as I no longer needed it about a month ago and the add on is still on my account and I am still being charged.

I know it properly only sounds like a small thing but it’s just really after annoying me and I have lost all faith in meteor as a company as I am also still having bother with another contract I have with them. My question to you guys is, is there any way I can cancel my contract with them without any penalties as im having so much trouble? On top off the network trouble I am also having horrible trouble with the phone itself. It will never use wifi when I am on the internet and I know I am connected to it but the phone refuses to use the wifi, it also drops calls and freezes when I try and delete texts..

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers
    Jason

It's not a small thing if i had an unlimited add on and i didn't want or ask for it I'd be pissed off too.

When you first signed up did you ask for the ultimate add on or was it put on by mistake?

If you were given a different price plan than the one you put your name down for. Then I'd imagine there in breach of contract (but i'm not entirely sure)

As for the phone , whats the make and model. I've heard similar problems on the HTC Hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭heyjay14

Kenno90 wrote: »
    It's not a small thing if i had an unlimited add on and i didn't want or ask for it I'd be pissed off too.

When you first signed up did you ask for the ultimate add on or was it put on by mistake?

If you were given a different price plan than the one you put your name down for. Then I'd imagine there in breach of contract (but i'm not entirely sure)

As for the phone , whats the make and model. I've heard similar problems on the HTC Hero.

Basically to make the story as short as possible I went into one of the meteor outlets and bought the SE xperia X10, the guy said I could be put onto the 20 euro a month price plan which came with free meteor calls and texts so I did that and also chose the free internet add on as these smart phones rely on internet.

After afew days I noticed that I did not infact have free meteor calls and texts so I returned to the store. The manager told me that whoever sold me the phone should not have done so with this plan, that the cheapest monthly plan your supposed to get is the 35 euro a month one and this is the plan which comes with free meteor calls and texts. So after about another week or so of trying to switch the price plan I finally got it. But then noticed for a second time that I had no free meteor calls and texts so back to the meteor store for me. When the price plan was finally up and running properly with free meteor calls and texts and the 1 GB of internet which comes with the plan I requested for the original unlimited internet add be removed from my account.

To this day the add on is still on my account after ringing them about it and sending them an email about it.

Cheers
    Jason

Advertisement