Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barcelona in February!

• 10-01-2011 4:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

I'm going to Barcelona with my hubby next month for 3 days. It's my hubby's 40th so I'd love to do something special.
    There are some great suggestions on earlier threads for things to do but if anyone has anything to add here, I'd appreciate it.
    (Mods - I did add to a previous thread but got no response so I'm posting this in the hope that someone will respond!)

I would love to take him somewhere different for dinner - and I don't mind spending a good bit. We're big foodies and a dinner to remember would go down well.
    Any thoughts and comments welcome! Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hrtfreeman

A great place to have dinner is La Fonda, a restaurant close to Plaza del Rey. It's not very expensive (about 18 euro for a good menu) and the service is brilliant. For a good and affordable accommodation have a look at this Web site: Apartments Barcelona Checkin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Thanks hrtfreeman.
    I can't believe 59 people have looked at this and you were the only one to reply!!
    We have already booked accommodation but thanks anyway for the link.
    I will have a look at that restaurant - always better to go somewhere recommended.
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭argentum

Myself and my wife went there for my 40th a few years ago in Feb and had a great time.The extra present we got 9 months later was well worth it:)
    the visitor is well looked after in Barca,they have a lot to see and its very easy to see as much or as little as you like.two different tourist bus routes leave from the main square every few minutes and these should be first on your list.You pay for a two or three day ticket and just jump on and off as needed.they supply maps and booklets with discount vouchers for every thing.
    because we had two small kids at home we really wanted just to see things that adults could enjoy on thir own without looking to see if the kids were wrecking anything and the freedom was great.
    The places I enjoyed the most were the cathedral,picasso museum,the port,Gaudi park,Spanish village,the camp Neu and a lot of other museums.All of these are visited by the tourist buses and very easy to see in two days.Walking down The Ramblas looking at the various students acting as statues has to be one of the best free shows you will ever see and the food market on the ramblas is also great for a visit.We loved the place so much that we brought the kids there two years later and visited the Zoo and the aquarium in the port both brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Thanks Argentum. We wouldn't mind an extra present nine months later either so who knows!! ;)
    Like you, we are leaving our little fella with his Granny and heading off for 3 days of freedom, so thanks for the tips. We're staying right on Las Ramblas so we will be sure to be entertained!

Advertisement