Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cube Aerial Bike '11 vs Specialized Secteur X3

• 10-01-2011 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Heya!

I am about to buy a new bicycle. Those two would be my favs. What would you say, which would be better for the money - Cube or Specialized ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭johndoe77ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

I bought a Secteur for my son for Christmas (from McConveys). It needed a bit of assembly and that was a learning experience !

Its built very well and up to Specialized usual quality standards, the Secteur has a slightly more relaxed geometry compared to the more race orientated Allez (and in carbon, the equivalents are the Roubaix and the Tarmac )

Setting up the triple is a bit tricky and that goes for any triple, as far as I can see. - I've not yet got it perfect but out on a few spins with him recently, all worked well. The groupset is Shimano 2300 groupset - fairly basic, so I wasn't expecting too much.

McConveys still have a 2010 54cm entry level Secteur for well less than £400 - I paid more, so they are clearing old stock. It was a great deal at that price and even better now. Delivery was 3 days and FoC. You are saving €200 at those sort of prices. I'd have liked to have bought locally, but will have spent the saved funds in my LBS on kit for the young fella before I'm finished !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Donie75

I bought the Spesh Sectuer Elite last April and I love it. It's my first road bike so I can't really compare it to anything else but it has served me very well. The spec is good with the 105. The only upgrade I did was to change the standard brakes to Shimano 105. The standard ones are pretty poor.
    The geometry is very good also. It's comfortable for long spins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

id go with the cube, i dislike the spesh geo of the frame. both are similare spec'd so the main difference would be look. have you ridden both? they sell cubes in town in buildabike or whatever its called on marys abbey.

i wouldnt however get that cube with a triple, a compact should be enough once you arent in the mountains all the time.

Advertisement