Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAO Producers

Options
  • 10-01-2011 5:06pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What? Alright lads and ladies, we got a very special Sample Ed1t for you all this Wednesday. It's an all Ableton affair. 4 lads will be doing their thing with Ableton mixing and remixing a blend of released tracks, their own stuff and tracks from the public. Free in all night! 8-late at Shebeen Chic, George St.

Sample Ed1t invites producers to bring in a CDR of their own stuff to play on the night! Free beer for the first 3 people who bring a CDR

Don't worry about the genre we try to fit the mall in, from Downtempo Dub to Techno and beyond.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

iamstop wrote: »
    What? Alright lads and ladies, we got a very special Sample Ed1t for you all this Wednesday. It's an all Ableton affair. 4 lads will be doing their thing with Ableton mixing and remixing a blend of released tracks, their own stuff and tracks from the public. Free in all night! 8-late at Shebeen Chic, George St.

Sample Ed1t invites producers to bring in a CDR of their own stuff to play on the night! Free beer for the first 3 people who bring a CDR

Don't worry about the genre we try to fit the mall in, from Downtempo Dub to Techno and beyond.

Today is Tuesday - couldn't you have given a bit more advance notice. The budget is pretty tight at the moment. Don't know if I can do the drinking overpriced beers on Georges street thing - And I don't have anything prepared - though i would really like that chance to hear my stuff through a sound system. I'd like to hear the last thing I've done through a sound system http://soundcloud.com/meltfunction/varehouse-wampires-mix-one-135-bpm-techno-breaks There's a serious F up on the intro - but I'd love to hear what the bass and the kicks sound like. If I'm going to re-work it, I'm going to do it radically. I wouldn't have it ready for tomorrow night.

But definitely - I want to get stuff ready to bring along to yah ting.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Pretty sure today is Monday.
    Anyway, the line up was only finalized on Sunday. Sorry about the short lead time but sure knock down anyway and hear what others are doing.
    We'll be back on the 19th also so it gives you extra time to get your tunes polished.

iamstop wrote: »
    Pretty sure today is Monday.

Well, some of us live in the future and some of us live in the past. I live in the future.

Thanks, I didn't realise today was Monday - I've got a whole day. Will try get something ready. What was it, 5 free beers for the first CD-R?

Anyway, the line up was only finalized on Sunday. Sorry about the short lead time but sure knock down anyway and hear what others are doing.
    We'll be back on the 19th also so it gives you extra time to get your tunes polished.

I've never had my tunes played out anywhere (at least not that I know of) - would like to make my stuff playoutable. Or make playoutable stuff. Would love to go out all the same -

IaM - do you have your set posted anywhere?

1 beer for 1st 3 people with CDRs . Nice try though :D

I'll not be playing at this one, 3 other lads who are all using Ableton asaik.

I play records and mix in CDs but actually don't think I've any mixes online. I'll try to get a mix or 2 from the lads who will be playing. Hope to see you Wednesday, or is that Thursday for you? ;) Either way try not to get lost in the space/time continuum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭grandslamsmith

Hey there - totally ottally new to this and I know your line up is done and dusted at thsi stage but are you were you looking for full mix sets or individual tracks al la my stuff on SC? Let me know what you reckon and maybe I'll try for the next evening down the Sha Bean!

Ta

Slam

• Advertisement

Hey there - totally ottally new to this and I know your line up is done and dusted at thsi stage but are you were you looking for full mix sets or individual tracks al la my stuff on SC? Let me know what you reckon and maybe I'll try for the next evening down the Sha Bean!

Ta

Slam

Hey Mr. Smith,

Looking for individual tracks. The whole point is to have a bit of banter and a laugh discussing music and production with others who are like minded all the while listening to pleasurable tunes. No pop chart stuff basically. Make contacts, collabs, remixes, share ideas and/or samples etc.

If you do have a full mix that you have done live you can bring that too because we always like to rotate the guest DJs too. Bear in mind people who have shown up and contributed to the night will get preference.

It's all in good fun, no one is there to belittle a track or mix, only constructive feedback is welcomed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭grandslamsmith

Nice one...cos I don't do mixes (or DJ) at all only individual tracks!

Mr Wadington Smythly

I can't come this week - Iamstop, Iamseriouslybroke. And I don't have stuff ready - and I've never burned a CD-R on this thing (on these CDs is anything special that needs doing - closing the session? one track per CD?) . But will definitely be there next week.

I could come if I'm allowed steal sh1t.

krd wrote: »
    I can't come this week - Iamstop, Iamseriouslybroke. And I don't have stuff ready - and I've never burned a CD-R on this thing (on these CDs is anything special that needs doing - closing the session? one track per CD?) . But will definitely be there next week.

I could come if I'm allowed steal sh1t.

No special needs on the CD, as long as it's in audio, not mp3. Simple think to do is make sure it plays in a regular CD player. More then 1 track per CD is fine.

The toilets there are minimal but if you must steal the sh1t I'd suggest at least 2 pairs of marigold gloves. Low on fertilizer?

Ah yo, going again this Wednesday, bring your tunes. bring your partner, bring your ears and a smile. Prob wanna bring some cash for a pint or two ;)

Anyway, here is the link, or should be the link, for the Facebook event page:
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=100731340005053

Smell yizzers there.

• Advertisement

Any preferences on BPMs?

I'm going to try bring two tracks.

One a kind of bass kick heavy experimental techno 140 bpm (I can drop the BPM)

The other is a kind of muddy electro at 128 bpm.

Neither will be perfect - but I really just want to see what they be like through a sound system. Will they be floor filler or floor killer - hopefully people will be too drunk to noticed.

BPM is up to you. The DJ can nudge the pitch up or down slightly to suit the mix.

We'll try to get them both in. Prob the techno one a bit later on as the night gathers energy and momentum.

See you tomo.

Advertisement