Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car suitable for 3 Car Seats

Options
  • 10-01-2011 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi
    I need to get a car that can fit 3 car seats in the back.
    One from birth seat, one for a 1 year old and one for a 3 year old - any ideas - dont really want a wagon.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Isofix or non isofix or combination?

Most of the big saloons will fit 3 car seats but depends on the car seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Liv2011

Maxi cosi tobi ,maxi cosi cabriolet and full height booster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Liv2011 wrote: »
    Hi
    I need to get a car that can fit 3 car seats in the back.
    One from birth seat, one for a 1 year old and one for a 3 year old - any ideas - dont really want a wagon.

Not sure what you mean by a 'Wagon' but I would recommend any of the MPVs, like the 'Renault Megane Scenic' for example . . .

renault-megane-scenic-alicante-car-hire.jpg

Hi - that was what I meant by a wagoon - I would like to stick to a saloon if possible :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Saloons you say . . .

Volkswagen Bora saloon, Renault Megane saloon, Honda Accord saloon, Mitsubishi Lancer saloon, Skoda Fabia saloon, Peugeot 407 saloon, Honda Civic saloon, Seat Cordoba saloon + many more too . . .

The list is endless, (all saloons) but all with limited space for three children + all their stuff (travel cots, prams, etc), maybe you should consider an estate or an MPV? I know they are a pain to park, but the bigger internal space would really help you a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

I think there is a thread about this somewhere on the motors forum.

I wouldn't recommend the Megane, after just getting rid of one today, I really don't think it will fit 3 seats.

The best bet is to go to somewhere like Airside Motorpark in Swords that has a lot of different dealers, and bring the seats with you.
    Ask them what cars they have that will fit them, and then try to get them in.

Yes I saw the thread in Motors but it is very out of date - new models are now bigger.
    Think I will just have to try some cars.

Advertisement