Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish conversation group (Dublin) for mature LC students?

Options
  • 10-01-2011 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello,
    I'm a mature student repeating the honours Irish leaving cert this year. I don't know many people who I can practice my Irish with for the oral - I'm sitting the exam as an external candidate & most of my friends haven't spoken a word of Irish in 10 years!
    I am starting this thread to see if there is anyone else out there in the Dublin area in the same position and would like to start an Irish conversational group geared towards the Oral via skype / meetups up in a public place in Dublin to practice with.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 aimsirbia

hey, sorry now i'm not offering you definite answers to your query, if you type comhra, into a search engine you may come up with lots of choices, these are conversational groups run by conradh na gaeilge, i think to facilitate people who'd like to practice their store of irish...
    i know how u feel, i'm also going to be an external candidate for the oral in May, am interested to know whether readers think it'll be worthwhile to go to a gaeltacht area for two wks, i'd like to live in a bean an ti "setting", i have a a fair bit if irish but become stunned by nerves/am afraid to speak though from mid feb i can hook up with a native speaker for an hour a week luckily. how can one access these hosts in the gaeltacht without doing a course as there are no courses at d moment. i'd be particularly interested in inis oirr but willing to practice anywhere, thanks in advance agus n-eiri an bothar libh

Advertisement