Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OCZ Vertex 2 3.5 BIG FOOT 120 GB died

Options
  • 10-01-2011 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭

As the title says.
    Died after about 6 hours use. OS (win 7 64bit) was installed to it and was running with a 1.5TB HDD as my storage drive. Was on the desktop and everything locked up except the mouse point. Started the usual CTRL + ALT + DEL mash then I got a BSOD.

Rebooted and it failed to recognize the drive. Opened up the PC and checked the SATA2 and power cables. Boot. Same thing. Opened it back up, swapped around the sata and power cables and even plugged it into a different SATA2 port, same thing on boot. Installed OS onto HDD and booted. No sign of it. Am going to contact customer care when I get home.

Just thought I'd open a thread here and let everyone know how I get on with customer support, in case someone is thinking of buying one of these. Was really fast too while it worked....for six hours....a little off the 2 million it claimed on the box! :P

Advertisement