Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sleeping in my car!!

Options
  • 10-01-2011 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

any 1 see the sun world yesterday . . a family in ballybofey sleeping and living in their car. . are the tabloids bull****ting or is it 4 real????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭.17hmr

any 1 see the sun world yesterday . . a family in ballybofey sleeping and living in their car. . are the tabloids bull****ting or is it 4 real????

nope not bull

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Yes that is indeed the case.

Now (with mod hat on) I dont want to see names posted here or any speculation regarding their circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

muffler wrote: »
    Yes that is indeed the case.

Now (with mod hat on) I dont want to see names posted here or any speculation regarding their circumstances.

please?

I dont mind people discussing the topic generally and if it has been in the paper then Im sure they (the paper) have posted details.

This is a very personal issue and I dont think any of us would want to see details of ourselves and our family being discussed in a public forum. Add to that the fact that Boards.ie could get into trouble for hosting certain posts/comments and I think you will all understand the sensitive nature of the topic and why Im a little apprehensive about it.

I'll leave this open for now but I would ask people just to have a wee think first before they post.

[QUOTE=muffler; I would ask people just to have a wee think first before they post.

are you referring to me on the think first bit:D:p

am not going to say anything more on this matter so am out.

• Advertisement

.17hmr wrote: »
    are you referring to me on the think first bit:D:p
    You were the first person I thought of :D

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭johnjoe 123

i hear its goin on prime time. i agree muffler wit the no names. they hav a house worth 175k and 3 of them sleep in peugeot 207 wtf??? are they from the travelling community??

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

i hear its goin on prime time. i agree muffler wit the no names. they hav a house worth 175k and 3 of them sleep in peugeot 207 wtf??? are they from the travelling community??

i'm sure if they were they would be getting evry grant going and looking to be upgaded to a 307.

any links to this story anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Is there a link to a (credible) source?

Not doubting the OP, but The Sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

They must have read this review of the local hotel.

* Sorry I was trying to find and article on it and that came up :D
    Any links?

• Advertisement

i hear its goin on prime time.
    Any idea when?

they hav a house worth 175k and 3 of them sleep in peugeot 207 wtf???
    The house may have been worth that some time ago but I doubt very much if it would sell for much more than 90k at the moment. Im not sure of the make of car.

are they from the travelling community?
    No, they are local people.

This story is true and for the benefit of others I will give a little info. The house is in a private estate and to the best of my knowledge it does not now have electricity or water supply. Locals would say that these services were disconnected.

What is public knowledge and was widely quoted in the local press a few years ago was that "Mr A" was convicted of piling rubbish in and around the house. I seen it myself and there were literally dozens of black rubbish bags tipped everywhere around the house. He did serve a short prison sentence but Im not sure if this was for the "littering" or contempt of court.

I have no idea why they abandoned the house and took to the car. I can only assume that its some form of protest statement.

Now I think thats about all anyone needs to know. As I said above its a personal and sensitive situation and no one other than the family concerned can really say why this type of situation has came about or what lies ahead. There are problems there obviously but I think its only fair that we dont dwell on the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

its stranorlar...not ballybofey :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

its stranorlar...not ballybofey :P

Oh, it's across the water!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Am I the only one thinking that its a family of 3 sleeping in a car so how do they manage sexy time?

Won't somebody think of the children?

danniemcq wrote: »
    Am I the only one thinking that its a family of 3 sleeping in a car so how do they manage sexy time?

Won't somebody think of the children?

the child drives the car:D

Advertisement