Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO Question

• 10-01-2011 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Hiya,

I'm thinking of doing bis in UCC, however UCD also do the same course at the same points.

So my question is, is it possible that the points to get into bis to get into UCC increases while UCD points remain the same as they were last year?

Basically I want to know if it is worth my while putting bis in UCD as my second choice in case the points for bis in UCC go up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

Nobody knows what way the points are going to go and nobody will until they come out.

I'm in a slightly similar situation and what I've been told is to put the one you want to do most, first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

Hey,

I have also put BIS in UCC as number 1 on my CAO!

Honestly I never knew UCD did the same couse any chance of a link? :D

But yes there is a good chance UCC will increase the point requirement of BIS as it's becoming a more in demand course!

This does mean that if BIS is you're favoured course you really should put down more than one location just in-case!

Trinity & Limerick also seem to offer similar courses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

DaveMur1 wrote: »
    Hey,

I have also put BIS in UCC as number 1 on my CAO!

Honestly I never knew UCD did the same couse any chance of a link? :D

But yes there is a good chance UCC will increase the point requirement of BIS as it's becoming a more in demand course!

But thats my question, can UCC increase their points for BIS and UCD leave their points as it is?

I can't find the link for the course in UCD, it was there at the start of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

But thats my question, can UCC increase their points for BIS and UCD leave their points as it is?

I can't find the link for the course in UCD, it was there at the start of the year.
    Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

The colleges don't increase or decrease the points for courses, the "market" does. Points rise (and fall, though not the likeliest at the moment) depending on demand vs. number of available places.

Seriously, I would advise you to go and do a little research into how the CAO system actually works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

The colleges don't increase or decrease the points for courses, the "market" does. Points rise (and fall, though not the likeliest at the moment) depending on demand vs. number of available places.

Seriously, I would advise you to go and do a little research into how the CAO system actually works.
    Indeed. I wasn't joking or anything with my yes btw, took it from the veiw point-can the points for x in ucc go up while those in UCD stay the same.

Advertisement