Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where did the whole DIT bike scheme go?

Options
  • 10-01-2011 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Anybody remember this?

I have several exams on the South Circular Road over the next two weeks, and I live in Blanchardstown. I thought I might be able to use this bike scheme to save time.

Unfortunately, I can't find out any details at all. Did the scheme make it past the launch party? Where the hell are the bikes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

I think they had issues with insurance so nothing every really happened other then the SU using them to get around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

75378-TrollFace.png

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

So it was basically a non-runner because of insurance. It's a shame they decided to put more planning into the PR than the actual scheme, because it was a really good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Give campus life a shout I could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

could you not just sign up for dublin bike scheme and get bikes all over the city instead of just the DIT locations?

• Advertisement

No credit card, no DBs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

Bucklesman wrote: »
    No credit card, no DBs.

Can you use a debit card most ATM cards are also debit cards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭campuslife

Hi Bucklesman,

The scheme is operating and the bikes are being used fairly actively, although it's changed slightly in that the bikes are being loaned out on a longer term basis. If you want to contact Herbie in the Sports Office (3042) about it, he'll do his best to set you up. (He's not in today though as he had a family bereavement).

Why isn't that information available on dit.ie? I mean, this is exactly where it should be.

No wonder everyone thought it was defunct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭campuslife

Fair point!

We're working on a few other things for commuters - showers in Bolton St, more cycle parking, and a car sharing website. So we need to update the maps and transport page okay.

Thanks for letting us know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭sticksman

Is it true that the college can repair my bike? The brakes have broken on it and I have heard that the college do repairs for students free of charge.

Advertisement