Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ALL lan threads merged here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

As for bringing your own laptop/pc ill ring him again later today and ask that one.

Given that SC2 doesn't have a LAN option they would have to go out on the Internet so the net cafe might have issue with that (ie paying for 18 people and hooking like 25 up to their internet)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Wicknight wrote: »
    Given that SC2 doesn't have a LAN option they would have to go out on the Internet so the net cafe might have issue with that (ie paying for 18 people and hooking like 25 up to their internet)

if anything I would say they would be more worried about connecting it to the network, sure he can just charge a bit extra(say 5 for the night for laptops ect) for the bandwidth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Daenad

If I'm not too late I'll go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

pm sent to daenad.

thats 17 people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭brimur69

Would also love to make it but prob would not be able to. On a side note I see a fair few names on this thread of people who are not in the BSL, maybe they could be persuaded to take the place of those who ahve dropped out? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

What about crashing? I'm sure some people might like to take a nap or something if they get a lil tired?

inb4 caffeine

if people get tired, then they either grow up and get over it :p or they can go home etc.

for the local's, they can go and come back etc.

for those travelling, i suggest staying awake thursday night, sleep for a few hours friday day time, and it should help you a lot.

I will be organising some 1v1 and some 2v2 tournaments for the night, and hopefully have some sort of prize.

IF people want, they can put some money in say €5 and winner takes 80% and second place takes the other 20% etc.

But its more for fun than anything else really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Yeah, at some 24hr events there are usually couches you can rest on(even tho this is not 24hr), don't worry I will be fine, will sleep all day on friday and wake up on friday night lol, just a thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

ok i am in!!!! should be good fun!!:D gonna see how rusty my 1v1 goes lol

how to we pay again RM?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭UnholyGregor

what do you guys think about throwin a few quid in and havin a prize pool for a 1v1 tournament?

• Advertisement

payment on the day. just bring cash and we can sort it out then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

lol very nice location! i pass by there quite often, hard to imagine there is a cafe there!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Are you at capacity yet?

I am so in for this but can't bring my own system.

Let me know if there is space.

there is 1 last place! and its yours agentJ

and no, you dont need to bring a pc!

Confirmed it, my friend, tierney is going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Have another friend who wants to go along, so if anyone drops out, would like to grab that space myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

appears i'm a day late to this new thread. :(

Is there any space left? Btw is this in the XGC on liffey street?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Kirby wrote: »
    appears i'm a day late to this new thread. :(

Is there any space left? Btw is this in the XGC on liffey street?

Yeah i'm fairly confident it is :)

No spaces left, but ill ring the manager later and see if we can bring some computers or laptops to add a few places.

• Advertisement

Might be in town in the morning, will check out the venue if i'm there, get a better sense of what's going on and see if they have sc2 working there already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Cant believe I missed sign in! If i can play on the laptop i will go!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

ill be there prolly with a friend too

DrMorphine wrote: »
    Cant believe I missed sign in! If i can play on the laptop i will go!

columc has decided to drop out due to work related problems, so there is now 1 space available if your still interested PM me.
    zoom! wrote: »
    ill be there prolly with a friend too

are you booked in? :p

Just off the phone to the manager again, its now 100% booked.

he did say he can fit more people.

However, im not 100% sure on the quality of the computers, so im hoping xios has some free time soon to go in and check what its all like.

they are 24" monitors, and he says they run sc2 nicely.

let me know if you want a space.

regards,
    RM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I want to go! My laptop, last I checked, can just about run sc2 so I don't have to have a PC (though obviously if they're going I'd like one). I'll be awful either way. I live in D2 so my transport is already sorted.

• Advertisement

dont need a laptop m8. they have computers there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

so is it now 250 euro devided by the people that arrive?

from what i gather from him yes. he said he wants €250 for the night.

dont need a laptop m8. they have computers there.
    Awesome. I can actually play zerg then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Haven't been on in a significant amount of time due to University exams and so on and haven't read this Thread but did I HEAR SOMETHING ABOUT A SC2 LAN? You can count me in, and probably my GF too (although she won't be playing!). Me 10000000%!!!

(Now I need to go and read the thread, FML)

Btw: Hai guys, haven't been around much :/ Sorry but I'm trying to work my way back in there ;)

Edit 1: There's limited spaces???? TT hope I didn't miss out on it :/

EDIT 2:
    Xios wrote: »
    I suggest we all stop into pravda (or what it's called now) for one or two drinks before the event, just to get to know each other or whatever, since there's no drinking in the cafe, doesn't mean we can't have some before Just go easy on the whisky.
    -- I'm definitely up for that :p

EDIT 3: As I said on IRC, my team manager (UV Gaming - uv-gaming.eu) is coming on the day. UV Gaming is the largest gaming organisation in Ireland and if you're looking for a future in e-Sports or just some advice, or whatever, you should talk to me or him on the day with regards a contract or getting into the team.

EDIT 4: SEE YOU ALL THERE!! LET'S DO THIS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

I want to go. But haven't posted in the thread saying I can go cos who knows if I'll be busy on that date. Also not sure how my wife will take the line 'won't be back til tomorrow, goin craftin'

if there's still room closer to the date and I can go I'll definitely go. Sure if there's 25 people + it'll be dirt cheap for the amount of time we get.

Btw, I'll take this opportunity to let the people that have IRC know that we use "#starcraft.ie" as the Starcraft II IRC channel. If you want to discuss stuff outside of the Forums it's generally a great place to start.

EDIT: Quakenet.

EDIT: Facepalm, I meant "starcraft.ie"

Btw, I'll take this opportunity to let the people that have IRC know that we use "#boards.ie" as the Starcraft II IRC channel. If you want to discuss stuff outside of the Forums it's generally a great place to start.

EDIT: Quakenet.

there's 2 people in there :p

and we all use starcraft.ie :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

can you drop my name in the list? misses aproved my roadtrip to dublin, now i just need to sort out dates at work, which shouldnt be a problem. hope so lol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

More spaces is good :D

I will probably be on talbot street at about 9pm. Are people going for drinks before hand?

If someone names a place I'll go but I reckon it would actually be better to go out for drinks later in the night to get a break from the gaming after we've all met each other.

Sorry about all the threads, but its easier to get people's attention this way.

Right, the following people have responded on the last thread, and have confirmed that they are going.

IF your not on the list and want to go, then PLEASE contact me ASAP on this thread, by pm or on IRC in the starcraft.ie channel.

since we are going for 25 people, and the cost is 250 then it will be €10 per person entrance fee.

Food is up to you, but we will be ordering pizza at some stage during the night.

the address for the internet cafe is

77 talbot street, Dublin.
    it is called "5 star internet cafe".

1.royalmarine
    2.ramza
    3.gearoidof
    4.Epimetheus aka unholyGregor
    5.Prometheus aka unholyGregor's friend
    6.funky
    7.khazadhea
    8.woden
    9.blinn
    10.blinn friend
    11.clueless
    12.wicknight
    13.chicks
    14.xios
    15.columc
    16.Dreddybajs <-- mr. Popular? :p
    17.Dreddybajs friend
    18.Dreddybajs friend number 2
    19.searphim
    20.IRL_Sinister
    21.DrMorphine
    22.Kirby
    23.ShadowHearth
    24.Deanad
    25.PurpleFistMixer
    26.Agent J
    27.swapple
    28.Baal

regards,
    RM

please use this thread for all LAN related questions.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056145742

closed.
    RM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Hey, I posted in the last thread saying I'd have another friend that wanted to go and wanted to reserve a space for him if more spaces opened up. Can I do that? Dunno if the post was noticed.

• Advertisement

UnholyGregor+friend shall be henceforth be known as Epimetheus and Prometheus :p

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Hey, I posted in the last thread saying I'd have another friend that wanted to go and wanted to reserve a space for him if more spaces opened up. Can I do that? Dunno if the post was noticed.

oops. sorry dude, missed that one.

ill add another friend to the list for you now.

and 2 spaces remaining.

Hey, where's my name?

Hey, where's my name?

sorry dude, turned out i was working off 2 different spreadsheets!

list updated.

that makes 25.

anyone else who wants to go, then contact me ASAP and i will see what i can do!

Is it deffo in the 5 star on talbot street and not in the xgc on liffey street?

Heading into town soon so i'll drop into the 5 star and see if i can use the sc2 machines and get a count on the non-sc2 machines. Last time i was there, they had many many machines. (3 or 4 years ago.)

Sent you a pm there dude with my number. Can you let me know what the story is with the quality?

Ok, didn't get a chance to play the game, cause it needed to be updated. But i had a chat with the guy, he says that he can host up to 40 people in the 5 star place, but the machines ain't super hardcore.
    I ran a dxdiag on the machine.
    The hardware they got is 2gb ram, with Radeon x1300/x1550 running windows xp.
    All the machines have loads of games on them, like sims 3, CS 1.6 WoW, Warcraft 3, and prob some C&C games plus a bunch of other FPS's

Sc2 was installed on the machines but needed an update so i didn't see the gfx quality or gameplay, and i don't know anything about the gfx cards they're using.

He said that people can bring their own laptops, but there may be conflicts with differing Operating systems and other technical babble i don't fully understand.

I think we'll have the whole cafe to ourselves all night, so no stragglers will come in to check their facebooks while we're there.
    No Alchohol, like do yaz really need to drink? Couples pints before last orders should be enough. Forgot to ask about food, pretty sure it won't be a problem getting pizza's etc.

If people were to bring their laptops to help free up PCs, would we be allowed to use their internet?

Ok, didn't get a chance to play the game, cause it needed to be updated. But i had a chat with the guy, he says that he can host up to 40 people in the 5 star place, but the machines ain't super hardcore.
    I ran a dxdiag on the machine.
    The hardware they got is 2gb ram, with Radeon x1300/x1550 running windows xp.
    All the machines have loads of games on them, like sims 3, CS 1.6 WoW, Warcraft 3, and prob some C&C games plus a bunch of other FPS's

ok, the computers that have the x1550 will be fine.

the computers that hve the x1300 will be bad :(

I will bring 2 computers (desktops) that can run sc2 on extreme. we should be able to get 25 computers running that are playable.

maybe thats why he originally said he had 18 computers for gaming. so 18 have the x1550 cards in them.

He said that people can bring their own laptops, but there may be conflicts with differing Operating systems and other technical babble i don't fully understand.

wont be a problem so. if people want to bring their own operating systems wont cause a confict. networks are easy to configure. (currently doing a course with networking related subjects.)
    I think we'll have the whole cafe to ourselves all night, so no stragglers will come in to check their facebooks while we're there.

nice one. that was the plan.

No Alchohol, like do yaz really need to drink? Couples pints before last orders should be enough. Forgot to ask about food, pretty sure it won't be a problem getting pizza's etc.

food wont be a problem he said. as long as no alcohol :)

fair play to you dude. really appreciate you going in!

• Advertisement

ok, the computers that have the x1550 will be fine.

the computers that hve the x1300 will be bad :(

Well, the dxdiag said "Radeon x1300/x1550" on the one machine, not sure which card it means, they could be dual carding the machines?

Advertisement