Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ALL lan threads merged here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭freepower

One last thing - are there prizes? ^_^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

freepower wrote: »

Nope, unless, says those who reach the quarter finals all throw in 5 euro, then we'd have a small pool for the winner and runner up. Or if everyone puts in 5 euro at the start of the tournament, i don't mind throwing mine in, even though i'm gonna lose. But it's only viable if everyone had to buy in.

Ah, maybe I'll buy a packet of crisps then. If I win - prize, if I lose - comfort food. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

map pool will be standard ladder maps available on battle.net.

and sure if ye want to veto no problem. as long as everyone is happy.

just dont think its going to work if someone keeps veto until they get their prefered map for that game.

so i reckon this might work.

all maps put into a hat.
    first map is drawn out. if either player is not happy, they can veto ONCE.
    so if someone veto's the drawn map,
    then second map is drawn out.
    if the other player veto's then it will be drawn again, and regardless of the map drawn it will be played.

By veto I meant for every set against a player so either bo1 or bo3 or watever. Before the game each person chooses a map to veto, after seeing their oponent, race etc. So they can only veto 1 map each for the entire series they are playing against each other. Rather than people saying no to maps that are drawn, just dont put the maps that are veto'd into the hat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Xios wrote: »
    Don't forget you guys owe me 140 euro >.<

haha dont worry dude. you will be refunded on the night. ;)

sadly no. not this time. However, if the lan goes well and judging by the numbers who will turn up i reckon the next time i organise a lan we might be able to secure a prize or 2.
    The wheels are already set in motion on this, and the company willing to provide the prizes want to see how this lan turns out first.
    Nope, unless, says those who reach the quarter finals all throw in 5 euro, then we'd have a small pool for the winner and runner up. Or if everyone puts in 5 euro at the start of the tournament, i don't mind throwing mine in, even though i'm gonna lose. But it's only viable if everyone had to buy in.

this could work if those people wanted. However, no one is forced to do it, as there is a large range of skill level going. This one is just about fun and something different than meeting on irc and b.net
    Ah, maybe I'll buy a packet of crisps then. If I win - prize, if I lose - comfort food. :P

buy 2... i love comfort food :p
    DrMorphine wrote: »
    By veto I meant for every set against a player so either bo1 or bo3 or watever. Before the game each person chooses a map to veto, after seeing their oponent, race etc. So they can only veto 1 map each for the entire series they are playing against each other. Rather than people saying no to maps that are drawn, just dont put the maps that are veto'd into the hat

could get a bit complicated really. we would have to do it for every person.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭UnholyGregor

wheels set in motion? they want to see how this goes? some sort of sponsorship? sounds pretty awesome :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Depending on how it goes there may be more to come in the future ;)

basically ive been in contact with a few groups who might be willing to put their name to a future event, some prizes to promote the event etc.

they want to see what type of numbers we get first on our own as we didnt advertise. obviously they realise with some advertising and broadcasting on other websites we can get larger numbers to attend.

However, the main question they have raised is location.

hey guys, just a quick reminder,

the lan is TOMORROW NIGHT AT 10PM! DONT FORGET TO TURN UP!!!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Will be in XGC from 6 onwards

• Advertisement

All you nerds not on IRC... I wonder what you're going to do at 4AM tomorrow. Red Bull can only do so much.... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Anyone fancy meeting up for a pint prior to the event, Get my college results today and also finished work so kinda want :)

Columc wrote: »
    Anyone fancy meeting up for a pint prior to the event, Get my college results today and also finished work so kinda want :)

That was the plan originally, a quick pint in the venue formally known as pravda. i should be there around half 8 or 9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

All you nerds not on IRC... I wonder what you're going to do at 4AM tomorrow. Red Bull can only do so much.... :P
    I personally am going to pass out around 3am. Why oh why did I go out last night... :(

I personally am going to pass out around 3am. Why oh why did I go out last night... :(

I'm wondering why i went to college this morning :( plus i gotta drive home in the morning, my passengers are gonna die screamin while i'm in a coma.

I'm wondering why i went to college this morning :( plus i gotta drive home in the morning, my passengers are gonna die screamin while i'm in a coma.
    I made it to my 9am lecture, and now I feel like a cabbage. I'm going to be even worse at sc2 than I normally am...

Erm guys.

This video is the one and only video for the lan. Seriously. it's proper hardcore.

sci fi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well we are in dublin, havong a pint near the place. Waiting for the rest of you guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

3 of us here in Pravda. Anyone here?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Blacktie. wrote: »
    3 of us here in Pravda. Anyone here?

I'm on my way now. Anyone wearing a convenient starcraft tshirt for spotting purposes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

There's a group of 8 of us in back there'll be an external hard drive on tr table...

I'm gonna be late, making arcane hangover cures. I'll be heading straight to the XGC though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Good luck to All!

I'm so going to die........

Bronze represent!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Blinn

2-0 so far boys... this stuff is exciting!

Im 2 down... :(

• Advertisement

2 losses as expected! but got a ladder win :D

2 wins which is insane!

funky next.

so an easy 3 - 0 to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Currently whipping Ramza's ass 2-0. Too mother****ing easy. Nuke rush ftw.

Nearly 6am.. deploying another can of monster....

Learning a lot. Which means im dying a lot....

The event was pretty fun, got to know some of you guys and play some gg's

Good job royal for keeping it all organised, thanks for taking charge of the whole event.
    Left during the grand final, so i'm unsure of the winners but i shall be looking out for the replays. Safe home guys.

See yaz at the next one lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Awesome lan, enjoyed it immensely and it was cool to put faces to names. Big thanks to RM for organising it all and congrats to Khazidhea on his comfortable victory in the 1v1s

I'll definitely be there for the next one.

Just going to say, now that I am in the comfort of my home that the LAN, as a whole, was one of the most satisfying things I've ever spent 10€ on.

On behalf of everyone, and not just myself I'm sure, maaaaaaaaajor thanks to RoyalMarine for organising the event, it was very, very good.

Personally, I enjoyed it immensely and cannot wait to see what the future holds for this. Also thanks to everyone there, foreign and national, for making it the success it was.

Congrats Funky and Khaz on winning your moneyz \o/ and hopefully this brings about a good bit of inspiration throughout the SC2 Irish community :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

TTIUWP!

Had a great time! Thanks royalmarine for organising it all.was nice to see such a great turnout. Even though i lost both tournament games, i had some great games throughout the night. Hope to go to another one in the future!

thanks everyone, but it wouldnt have been as succesful without all of ye turning up and making it such a great night.

Congrats to Khaz and funky, and gg to everyone who took part. well done!

I have some big plans for the next event, and it should be even better since we now know whats available to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭saini

Being my first lan I can say that I found it really and will be looking forward to one in the future.

Time to get training I need to win a game this time lol.

Thanks RM for all the organisation throughout the night it wouldn't have been such a sucess without all your work.

Grats on Khaz and funky for making it to the finals, I missed them but yous deserved it after seeing yous play in the winners bracket.

first place: Khazadhea
    2nd place: Funky
    3rd place: blinn
    4th place: Phisku
    5th place: Xios
    6th place: Sinister
    7th place: RoyalMarine
    8th place: raus
    9th place: Baal
    10th place: woden

top 16: ( IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER! )

bogger
    shadowhearth
    freepower
    xeero
    rocketKnight
    Deanad

top 24: ( IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER! )

Clueless
    dreddybajs
    blacktie
    ramza
    vanyd
    murph
    deconduo
    thomas

top 32: ( IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER! )

prometheus
    wicknight
    purplefistmixer
    xir
    chicks
    kirby
    bitchtits
    jhax
    unholygregor
    Eirelegend
    saini
    agent J

attachment.php?attachmentid=145632&stc=1&d=1296311045

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭UnholyGregor

saini wrote: »
    Being my first lan I can say that I found it really and will be looking forward to one in the future.

Time to get training I need to win a game this time lol.

Thanks RM for all the organisation throughout the night it wouldn't have been such a sucess without all your work.

Grats on Khaz and funky for making it to the finals, I missed them but yous deserved it after seeing yous play in the winners bracket.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

first place: Khazadhea
    top 16: ( IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER! )

bogger
    shadowhearth
    freepower
    xeero
    rocketKnight
    Deanad

The "in no particular order" is obviously a lie. 11th place isn't too bad for me!

I need to play more 1v1...

Also, I'd just like to apologise to RocketKnight for making him lose his 2nd match because he was using my pc and the hotkeys were set to grid. And because he was obviously still reeling from the 30 minute roach-fest that was our game.

• Advertisement

how far bitch tits got too lol?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

replays for anyone interested !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 phisku

Great event i got a lot of fun meeting you guys.
    defenetly one of my best moment since i'm in ireland

Bronze belgian rulz

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Khazidhea

Thanks RM for organising this. Really looking forward to the next one.

And thanks to all of you guys. I hope my play wasnt too boring to watch or too irritating to deal with :p

Banshees <3

Had a great time, thanks to all my opponents for their time, good humour, and liberal application of whoop-ass. :p

Much congrats to the top players, well deserved wins!

(and some handy advice from some kind gentlemen on how not to lose so quickly at the next LAN, looking forward to it!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 phisku

It was awesome :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

even though I only lasted till 3am, and was far better at CS than Starcraft, it was great fun. Thanks Marine, good job :)

Once again, RM = Musclemode Boss Mode Organisation. I can't believe I paid approximately 80c for each hour of starcrafting goodness.

Awesome to meet you guys, had a great time and I really hope to be practising a bit more for the next one, especially against the guys that beat me. :p
    I hope my play wasnt too boring to watch or too irritating to deal with

Banshees <3
    :rolleyes:

Well played. ^_^

And thanks for the tips. Hellions don't cost gas, durp. :P

Khazidhea wrote: »
    Thanks RM for organising this. Really looking forward to the next one.

And thanks to all of you guys. I hope my play wasnt too boring to watch or too irritating to deal with :p

Banshees <3

Your games v funky were great to watch!

• Advertisement

was nice to meet you all guys. The lan was amazing sucsess. i might be still very bad with names, so sorry :D.

Lookinf forward to next one.

thanks royal marine, you are a star.

Advertisement