Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bravo 1&2

• 10-01-2011 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Whats the story with bravo on sky why has yet another channel gone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Well that's quite a shame. A great channel around 25 years just killed off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

Absolute disgrace, I never knew TV could be sexist! Scrapping men's TV channels to concentrate on the Female TV audience. What do we get?

A 25% budget increase and a 2 year deal with Jordan for living TV :rolleyes:

If any more of these Living TV channels pop up I will cancel my sky subscription, they are clogging the airways with ****e already and I have no intention of paying for them anymore. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

Crasp wrote: »
    Absolute disgrace, I never knew TV could be sexist! Scrapping men's TV channels to concentrate on the Female TV audience. What do we get?

A 25% budget increase and a 2 year deal with Jordan for living TV :rolleyes:

If any more of these Living TV channels pop up I will cancel my sky subscription, they are clogging the airways with ****e already and I have no intention of paying for them anymore. :mad:

I like what sky are doing with these channels - it appears that they are taking the popular content from these channels and showing them on other existing channels. This will hopefully mean more quality of channels and less quantity.

I cannot believe how much rubbish is on TV these days, despite the fact there are tons of entertaining shows currently airing....

I`m looking forward to seeing how SKY atlantic fares and what the full schedule will be, sounds promising

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stee.mc79

I liked what was on those channels, better then some of the rubbish on the poverty channels, also the cost of sky varity package hasn't come down!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Sky reserves the right to change the channel lineup so the price wont come down. It will probably go up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

stee.mc79 wrote: »
    I liked what was on those channels, better then some of the rubbish on the poverty channels, also the cost of sky variety package hasn't come down!

Sky are going to start showing the decent stuff from those channels on the likes of Sky1 and Living.
    Spartacus Gods Of The Arena is on Sky1 (TV3 beat them to it though)

Sky have added channels from other packs to Variety such as MTV,Sky Arts.Apart from a couple of shows Bravo was a poor channel,I remember when it had some great stuff on it but too many cop reality shows and reruns ruined it so it won't be missed.

Sky 1 shows the same type of cop shows as well and come on! What about dog! No more ice in paradise, and his prayers before he gose on the hunt for those crims!:D + Great add-on with MTV one; Not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

stee.mc79 wrote: »
    Sky 1 shows the same type of cop shows as well and come on! What about dog! No more ice in paradise, and his prayers before he gose on the hunt for those crims!:D + Great add-on with MTV one; Not!

Dog will be back:D I agree about MTV-great for tweens but is absolute rubbish for everyone else.

MTV! It only went and gave rte bad ideas on what makes good programming. That hills wannabe muck that is set in Dublin. Yet another bad irish attempt @ being up todate!

• Advertisement
Advertisement