Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackboard layout changed?

Options
  • 10-01-2011 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

I hadn't really got anything to do earlier so I decided to look at the modules I'm enrolled in next semester to see what I'm in for.

When I click on a module the layout has completely changed and I can't find the course documents anywhere for the lecture notes. :confused:

Does anyone know how to get to course documents since they did that?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

Its exactly the same as it was for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Its the same as it was for me too unfortunately. HATE the layout.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

It appears the same for me!

BB displays differently for different modules, depending on how they are set up. For most of my modules (although most of them don't use BB), I press on 'Course Documents' to get at lecture notes, etc. There is one that doesn't have the usual Course document / Course information / Assignments buttons, but instead just has a 'Content' button with different folders for each.

It's possible that if you are looking at a module you haven't done before, you are unfamiliar with the layout of BB for that module. Try looking at one you've done before.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Thanks Timbuk2 I thought the same myself so I checked multiple modules and it appears the same for each one.

Just system, course and view all up in the top left corner. I thought clicking on course would be a good bet but no luck, just announcements can be looked at.

I was thinking that maybe they've removed everything to allow the lecturers to edit the content of the modules before lectures start next week perhaps. Or else I'm missing something but I've looked at all of my new modules now except maths which doesn't use it and some from last semester and same thing each time.:confused:

@victoria - did you get an answer on this? I am having the same problem now - can access anything other than announcements...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

@victoria - did you get an answer on this? I am having the same problem now - can access anything other than announcements...

Sorry littlefriend I never actually found out what was wrong with it, it just went back to normal after a few days. :confused:

Victoria. wrote: »
    Sorry littlefriend I never actually found out what was wrong with it, it just went back to normal after a few days. :confused:

No problem, thanks for the reply!

Anyone else experiencing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭RayCarley

No problem, thanks for the reply!

Anyone else experiencing this?

All my modules which were on Blackboard with the same lecturer for previous years all have the old layout. 2 of my modules, I think the lecturers are new or something, so they only just got Blackboard set up and they have the new layout. I think it's just part of the new version of Blackboard, it looks like a better layout with more features, like it tells you when new content has been uploaded.

If there are no lecture slides on it, it means that your lecturer just hasn't put up anything up. So you should email them and tell them to start putting slides up!

RayCarley wrote: »
    All my modules which were on Blackboard with the same lecturer for previous years all have the old layout. 2 of my modules, I think the lecturers are new or something, so they only just got Blackboard set up and they have the new layout. I think it's just part of the new version of Blackboard, it looks like a better layout with more features, like it tells you when new content has been uploaded.

If there are no lecture slides on it, it means that your lecturer just hasn't put up anything up. So you should email them and tell them to start putting slides up!

Hiya, thanks for the reply. The problem is that there were slides, reading lists, assignments etc up on all of my subjects but now they have disappeared. Weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭RayCarley

Hiya, thanks for the reply. The problem is that there were slides, reading lists, assignments etc up on all of my subjects but now they have disappeared. Weird!

Oh right... As I said, just email your lecturer and tell them to fix it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Hmm Principles of Macroeconomics had all the notes for the whole semester uploaded (this module is also offered in Semester 1 - so that's probably why).

I can't find any of them today. I thought this was probably because he cleared all the notes so he could upload them again, in tandem with lectures (this is the case with Micro, which is also offered in Semester 1 and 2) - but maybe it's a similar problem. I can still see Course Outline under the Course Information tab, but the 'Lecture Notes' tab has disappeared.

I'll wait until Monday and see if it fixes itself, then I'll e-mail him. A bit annoying as I was going to print stuff now while I was home instead of paying for printing in UCD, but it's not a big deal :)

Advertisement