Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

game advice please

Options
  • 10-01-2011 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Lads im looking for a game that will push my kit....both graphics and proccesor.
    i5 @ 4.2ghz
    iilama prolite monitor

I`ve currently got:
    arma 2
    arma2 arrowhead
    the crysis series
    dirt 2....

Any advice would be appreciated..

Cheers
    Dwighet

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

metro 2033...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

nuxxx wrote: »
    metro 2033...

nice one...will take a look at it;)

dwighet wrote: »
    nice one...will take a look at it;)

Its prolly the most demanding game out there atm, havent got around to getting it myself. Would be interested in your results

Its prolly the most demanding game out there atm, havent got around to getting it myself. Would be interested in your results

i have it loading now....will let ya know how it goes...cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

3 days later - no update - must be a good game :D

How did you get on dwighet ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Just ordered Metro 2033 to put my new rig through its paces... Not bad value at the moment (£7 on Amazon or Play)
    Tried it on the 360 and thought it was decent enough, but couldn't get into playing a proper FPS without a mouse and keyboard

Looking forward to running Crysis maxxed out (the damn thing brought my 8800 GTS to its knees), then deleting the pile of ****e forever!

Is Lost Planet 2 any cop as a benchmark, or is it just another lazy console port that Capcom are so fond of making?

tman wrote: »
    Just ordered Metro 2033 to put my new rig through its paces... Not bad value at the moment (£7 on Amazon or Play)
    Tried it on the 360 and thought it was decent enough, but couldn't get into playing a proper FPS without a mouse and keyboard

Looking forward to running Crysis maxxed out (the damn thing brought my 8800 GTS to its knees), then deleting the pile of ****e forever!

Is Lost Planet 2 any cop as a benchmark, or is it just another lazy console port that Capcom are so fond of making?

Its an excellent benchmark, runs like a PC game should run. Funnily enuff I find the majority of capcoms "ports" to run excellent on PCs. SF4, RE5, LP2 being some recent examples.

What rig do you have thats gona allow to max crysis out? :)

Pimp Ninja wrote: »
    3 days later - no update - must be a good game :D

How did you get on dwighet ?

Sorry lads....I`ve kinda had my head up my donkey the last fews days...

Now,"Metro 2033" I like it a lot..... my rig is well able for it flat out...

The graphics are class and the audio is awesome..

Can someone tell me what does "gamma" does in the video options?

Actually I dont understand what half of the video options do I just have em to the last and hope for the best...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I think gamma adjusts the brightness to suit various monitors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

Yeah Gamme is all about the brightness in a way. It kind of er.. Here's a wiki link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma_correction

Just out of curiosity OP, whats the resolution your Iiyama monitor is running, 1080?

• Advertisement

Yeah Gamme is all about the brightness in a way. It kind of er.. Here's a wiki link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma_correction

Just out of curiosity OP, whats the resolution your Iiyama monitor is running, 1080?

Its 1080 mate..... was seriously thinking of the 1200 but a 28inch screen is just too big and a bit too pricey...The 24 inch is bang on for my needs..

Thanks for the answer on the gamma thing;)

Just been messing with the vid options and the pc doesnt like playing on AF 16x...... Af 4x is good....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Its an excellent benchmark, runs like a PC game should run. Funnily enuff I find the majority of capcoms "ports" to run excellent on PCs. SF4, RE5, LP2 being some recent examples.

What rig do you have thats gona allow to max crysis out? :)

Cool, guess I've still got a bit of a bad taste in my mouth after the mess that was made of RE4... (which was a third party job iirc)
    An i7 2600k and a 6950 should make mincemeat out of a 3+ year old game, surely?????!? :o

tman wrote: »
    Cool, guess I've still got a bit of a bad taste in my mouth after the mess that was made of RE4... (which was a third party job iirc)
    An i7 2600k and a 6950 should make mincemeat out of a 3+ year old game, surely?????!? :o

With crysis you might be surprised

I had my i5-760 oc'ed to 4ghz and my gtx460 oc'ed heavily, and on 1080p resolution, everything set to the higest and AA off, it barely managed 30 fps

Game is really badly optimised, I hope crysis 2 will be better

With crysis you might be surprised

I had my i5-760 oc'ed to 4ghz and my gtx460 oc'ed heavily, and on 1080p resolution, everything set to the higest and AA off, it barely managed 30 fps

Game is really badly optimised, I hope crysis 2 will be better
    How do you get the fps benchmark on crysis?

dwighet wrote: »
    How do you get the fps benchmark on crysis?

Used fraps for actual in game play, fps drops are very heavy in combat and also when that damn helicopter is chasing you :o

Theres also a seperate benchmark available, is very small in size but you need crysis installed on your system.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/Crysis-Benchmark-Tool-1.05-Final-download-1791.html

Used fraps for actual in game play, fps drops are very heavy in combat and also when that damn helicopter is chasing you :o

Theres also a seperate benchmark available, is very small in size but you need crysis installed on your system.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/Crysis-Benchmark-Tool-1.05-Final-download-1791.html

thanks.....I have the crysis series so will give fraps a go..;)

Advertisement