Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow eircom broadband in Salthill?

• 10-01-2011 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Anyone else on eircom broadband in Salthill?

Connection has been desperately slow (its a 3MB connection), and yesterday and today is showing d/l speeds of 0.14MB/s and upload of 0.34MB/s. Ping 87ms.

I know eircom are rubbish, but anyone else got any problems?

Incidentally, when I check on speedtest.net, while it recognises the IP as eircom on the bottom right, it also says 'Hosted by Airwire' to the right??

Mods, can you leave this in GC please, cos it'll get a better response here I think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Anyone else on eircom broadband in Salthill?

Connection has been desperately slow (its a 3MB connection), and yesterday and today is showing d/l speeds of 0.14MB/s and upload of 0.34MB/s. Ping 87ms.

I know eircom are rubbish, but anyone else got any problems?

Incidentally, when I check on speedtest.net, while it recognises the IP as eircom on the bottom right, it also says 'Hosted by Airwire' to the right??

Mods, can you leave this in GC please, cos it'll get a better response here I think?

I'm not far from Salthil and I found my connection very slow yesterday afternoon and this afternoon. It seems to be fine at the moment though.Eircom are a rip off but I have to say I have found their service has been consistently good for the most part. Maybe I've just been lucky . (so far!)

Have you tried resetting your modem (sticking a pin into the little hole at the back of it)?
    For some reason I find if my connection slows down that doing that can help.

Incidently the "Hosted by Airwire" thing refers to the speedtest server and where that's hosted in Galway. It doesn't have anything to do with your connection. :)

Advertisement