Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best of 128 speccy games

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

U.N. Squadron rules big time, used to love playing it in the arcade and on SNES but if I remember correctly you could only play single player on SNES

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yep. The SNES game was changed an awful lot though and ended up a much better game.

Used to love UN Squadron on the C64 but I think it's more to do with the fact that if you stayed on the bottom of the screen you could never die except the cave and final level.

Retrogamer did a good article on the 128 and I was impressed with the machine from what I read, pity it never gained much popularity.

Best spectrum games ever though are laser squard and chaos. Only discovered them recently but they are still great. Laser Squad is really advanced and two player is great. Chaos on the other hand is a brilliant 8 player game!

Edit: UN Squadron on the 128 is much better than the C64 version. Every boss in that just did a standard 3 way attack over and over and beating them involved finding the bosses sweet spot where he couldn't hit you.

Advertisement