Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Magic Chef // C. Aprile

Options
  • 10-01-2011 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

On the Lower Kilmacud Rd., there's two chippers only a couple of doors down from each other; The Magic Chef and C. Aprile.

Most people in the area have always stuck with one.

What's your favourite?

Is it true that the same family owns both? (Seems a bit far fetched)

I always thought The Magic Chef was Irish owned but I was surprised to see that its a member of the Irish Traditional Italian Chippers Association. Anyone know which Italian family owns it?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Aprile. World Cup Italian Team team photo. Class.
    Good chips too. It's all gone too pricey unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

The Magic Chef wins for us. And we're a bit away, but the two chippers closest to us both never sit well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I'd always go with Aprile's while my brother is a Magic Chef man. We've actually gone to each seperately on occasion and met 5 minutes later, chips in hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Magic Chef everytime

No, they are owned by two different families.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭stedabee

Actually they are the same family, my granny know both familys well from being in stillorgan all her life, its been passed down through the family, use to be parents running them then sons and sisters and now its there sons that are running it. To be honest they are both great but i always go to aprille because sometimes i get a sore belly from eating at magic chef, i could be prone to sometime, not saying there not clean or anything. i think the chicken in aprille is way nicer as its always fresh and not dry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Definitely Magic Chef, the food's tastier and they do lunch time deals too.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

C.Aprille, better chips and I won a packet of biscuits there over christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

We used to do Magic Chef when we were younger. It was the only take away option in those days! My dad taught the kids from the Magic Chef family in the 70s 80s. I'm sure they are 2nd generation Italian but I don't know why i think that.

Blast from the Stillorgan past :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Aprile, it's been the superior choice for as long as I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

Better chips in Aprile but Magic Chef isn't too shabby and they deliver.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

Aprile is part of the Libero family.

Magic chef used to be very good when the young lad ran it but he never seems to be there and lately the chips are manky few times i had re heated chips.

Went into Aprile one day for a burger and chips and have kept with them, much tastier food and good prices.

Advertisement