Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Artist for image

Options
  • 10-01-2011 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭

Just wondering who might be considered the best tattoo artist (dublin city, preferably) for replicating an image - ie, a child's face?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Any suggestions??

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

Check the Artists portfolios at the top of the page or go on line and look at work by some of the various studios there. Also be prepared to travel to get the job you want. There are some great artists in the suburbs and further afield too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

If you are willing to travel, then Fergal at Tattoo Zoo in Cork is excellent at what you ask for. Have seen a few of the tats that he did from photographs and they were of the highest class.

Cannot really help you with any names in Dublin though as I have never gotten anything done there, and I don't personally know anyone who got exactly what you are looking for there either.

I'm sure there will be some on here that can help you with a few names that might suit you better in terms of location.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

I'm sick of typing this to be honest but please travel to wherever is best for your tattoo. Do you want the best portrait you can get or the best portrait you can get within a 20km radius of your house?

Portraits are the hardest form of tattoo to get right.

Google these:
    Justin Russell
    Jason Butcher
    Bob Tyrell

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

you best bet is trawling the internet looking for tattoo portraits you like, and when you find one you like, track down who did it and go. I have a particular style I want, and if I need to travel I do. I get tattooed here too, but when I need to I drop serious money for what I want. It'll last me better thatn money spent on a car, that's for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Thanks for all the tips, Guys/Gals...

Advertisement