Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cupcake class - Anyone been?

Options
  • 10-01-2011 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

hi,

Just noticed that Cooks Academy in Dublin are running a cupcake & icing class. The February date is sold out, and I'm considering booking for the March date.

Just wondering if anyone has been to one of their classes before, what are they like, reputation etc.?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Petite Treats

Hi Buzz55

I see you have not got a reply to this yet- while I have not done any classes there I did attend an Indian food demostration and it was excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

Thanks Petite Treats! I think the cupcake class is 'hands on', but if its only 2.5 hrs then I dont know how much we'll get to do. Still, think I might go ahead & book it, it can be something to look forward to!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

buzz55 wrote: »
    Thanks Petite Treats! I think the cupcake class is 'hands on', but if its only 2.5 hrs then I dont know how much we'll get to do. Still, think I might go ahead & book it, it can be something to look forward to!

I cant really understand how they can stretch a class in making cupcakes to 2.5 hours.

You mix up the ingredients, you bake them for 15 minutes, you wait for them to cool and then you ice them. How are they going to fill 150 minutes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Oh I wish they had something like that near us.
    I'd say they fill up the time with different cupcake recipes but probably varied icings between italien meringue and regular butter cream to american frosting they should be able to fill loads in to that time ..not saying they do all that but would love to go to a class like that just for the fun of it.
    They might be showing how to ice petal shapes etc.

Either way OP let us know if you do it, sounds like fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭kim_possible

Hi OP
    Did u go on the cupcake course ... Was it worth going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 moley

2.5 hours, those must be some really complex cupcake decorations ;). Buy the cupcake starer kit over at tesco's and watch a couple youtube videos! Really though, it is always nice to go to a class with a pro, they always have nice tips&tricks for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

huskerdu wrote: »
    I cant really understand how they can stretch a class in making cupcakes to 2.5 hours.

You mix up the ingredients, you bake them for 15 minutes, you wait for them to cool and then you ice them. How are they going to fill 150 minutes ?

lol...the history of cupcakes, famous cupcakes throughout history,
    famous people who made cupcakes ?

Advertisement