Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre paying credit card bill

Options
  • 10-01-2011 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've just used my credit card to pay for a holiday (flights and hotel), the credit card is set up to take the amount due, in full, from my current account every month. I have the cash to pay this off, i'm just wondering if I can put the cash straight on to the card so that will be used to pay the bill, rather than money from my account

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Yes, you can. Just take your last bill and it will have all the account details needed.

Just make sure you pay it off 10 days before payment is due, or you may end up paying and the DD is taken too.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭limpdd

Paulw wrote: »
    Yes, you can. Just take your last bill and it will have all the account details needed.

Just make sure you pay it off 10 days before payment is due, or you may end up paying and the DD is taken too.

Cheers, just have to find an old statement now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,988 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

limpdd wrote: »
    Cheers, just have to find an old statement now :-)

If you do it using online banking you don't need a statement, just the CC number.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

Advertisement