Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GT5 mid-week league

• 10-01-2011 9:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

Ok,

some interest has been expressed in the Gran Turismo championship thread about some more online racing and possibly a mid-week meet. I really enjoyed preparing for yesterdays race and racing online. So I am willing to host a mid-week league of races.

The races will be designed to be between 20 and 30 minutes long.

Generally the races will have a BHP restriction only and winners will be asked to share details of their tune/modifications on this thread so that others can try the tune after the event and see if they can learn anything from it.
    The exception to the above is that some races will have a limited selection of cars of similar type.

The races will take place on a Wednesday evening at 9:30 p.m. with the lobby opening at 9:00. The first race will be on Wednesday January 19th.

The plan is to host 10 races with your top 7 scores counting towards the overall championship. This means that if you do miss a week or three you could still end up winning the league.

If you are interested in joining this league then please post your PSN below and I will add you as a friend. The first 14 interested people are guaranteed a place.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Sure I'll give it a go. PSN: meath77

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

Sign me up!
    Psn I think is "ekztrakto"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

ok - Paparazzo already have you added from last week for the championship. Doc_savage have sent a friend request which says "boards mid week".

I also should add that before I entered the Sunday night championship, I really wanted to race on-line where all things would be equal. The experience of picking a car and tuning it has helped me to learn a lot and I enjoyed that almost as much as the race itself. Part of the idea behind the mid-week league is to learn a little more about the cars and tuning and to become more familiar with some tracks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

I'm in: paz100

If I could make one request it would be that we don't have to spend a fortune to get a competitive car every week. I won't get much chance to play and build up cash apart from this and the Sunday race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

add me : phoniexknight

• Advertisement

Ok invites sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Cant make it tonight lad, but ill be there next week

nocal wrote: »
    Ok,

The races will take place on a Wednesday evening at 9:30 p.m. with the lobby opening at 9:00. The first race will be on Wednesday January 19th.
    tonydude wrote: »
    Cant make it tonight lad, but ill be there next week

fyi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

I'm in

Urinbits1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Cole MacGrath

Ill try to make it
    BTierney

• Advertisement

ooops

Plan is to start next week. (Pure selfishness on my part as I am trying to grind out my final few wins on Seasonal Bonus Race 2 series using the original limitations!!!).

Can you guys let me know if you want to stick to limited BHP for racing or the same car for races?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

what kinda cars do you guys plan to race?

but im interest my

psn is UltrFlat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Magown3

Count me in:

PSN: Magown3

I'm going to put a reminder on my phone so I don't forget this :D

The plan for this league is to have a different limit BHP each week and then let people tune and modify their cars as much as they like.

But all suggestions welcome - the real idea of this is just to get a few us together for some good online racing and maybe develop a small online community.

I'll send PSN invites later on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Plan is to start next week. (Pure selfishness on my part as I am trying to grind out my final few wins on Seasonal Bonus Race 2 series using the original limitations!!!).

Can you guys let me know if you want to stick to limited BHP for racing or the same car for races?

We did a few races yesterday and on sunday. I think everyone using the same car was better. Doesn't sound as interesting, but I think it made for better races. Plus, if you use a car from the online garage people don't have to buy one for one or 2 online races.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Paparazzo wrote: »
    We did a few races yesterday and on sunday. I think everyone using the same car was better. Doesn't sound as interesting, but I think it made for better races. Plus, if you use a car from the online garage people don't have to buy one for one or 2 online races.

+1

While preparing for the race might be interesting, ultimately if you're driving around on your own for 9.5 laps which I was on Sunday, then it's not really a race.

Ok additional invites sent - currently have 9 players. One of my friends might also join in.

Currently 2 people have expressed a preference for the same car. Can others let me know their preference.
    I will post details of the first race on Saturday.

same car for sure. closer and more exciting.

Ok additional invites sent - currently have 9 players. One of my friends might also join in.

Currently 2 people have expressed a preference for the same car. Can others let me know their preference.
    I will post details of the first race on Saturday.

Not sure if I have an Invite but I haven't been online in the last couple of days. So dont' count me out if I haven't accepted yet :D

• Advertisement

Ok - the first race on Wednesday will be 10 laps of the Fuji Speedway GT using the "GT by Citroen Road Car". Sports Hard will be the best tyres allowed.

The points will be allocated as follows:

1st 10 pts
    2nd 8 pts
    3rd 7 pts
    4th 5 pts
    5th 4 pts
    6th 3 pts
    7th place down 2 pts
    DSQ 0 pts

Penalties will be on strong and good clean racing is the aim.

This still going ahead tonight?

This should be a mad dash for the first corner. On low tyres the braking points will be a lot longer but the accelerating points are gonna be harder to judge with the Citroën. May I just point out that I hate the first and last corner in fuji. Always take them too fast and end up running wide on the exit of both. If there is any argy bargy the race will be broken up badly!

On sports hard tyres over 10 laps it'll be really slow lap times cause I just did 10 laps there now on sports hard and the deterioration is unreal on them! Hard to stay on the road after 5 laps!

MuddyDog wrote: »
    On sports hard tyres over 10 laps it'll be really slow lap times cause I just did 10 laps there now on sports hard and the deterioration is unreal on them! Hard to stay on the road after 5 laps!

Do you mean there could be pit stops??

Still going ahead tonight!! We'll see how it goes and see how to improve it for next week and still keep it "interesting"

Still going ahead tonight!! We'll see how it goes and see how to improve it for next week and still keep it "interesting"

I think a distance long enough that would mean a stop is needed for soft tyres and none for hard tyres would be really interesting. Kind of hare and tortoise stuff ye know ;)

Yeah magown. I was thinking about pitting for this race actually as it may be beneficial to overall time.

Best thing is to post up ideas for races - then we can try them out after "the race" tonight and then use the good ones for inspiration for next weeks racing.

After reading the comments earlier and then reading the later ones I think that possibly we are on the right track (no pun intended). Tonights race has the potential to be interesting - anyway let me know what you think...especially afterwards.

It does appear that more tactics come into play the longer the race is and especially when restrictions are put in.

(also the points and league system means that it should remain quite tight up until the last race).

Sure let me know what you think

• Advertisement

Was just doing some practice. I'm most likely going to pit.

Advertisement