Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GT5 mid-week league

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

Afterwards can we please do the autumn ring mini on fiat 500s? Should be fun at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

ok lounge is now open - nice and early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

How did it go? Was going to play, but the wife just made dinner during practice. I had about half a lap and struggled to get around 1 corner, so thought an entire race would be a bad idea.

Race was not great and only 4 people finished. 6 or 7 of us had a good laugh afterwards.
    But strangely the car seemed to handle better in the race than in practise. Think I put TC at 2 and that helped a lot.

Anyway the result from tonight was

1. Urinbits1
    2. n-o-cal
    3. paz100
    4. ekxtrakto

and a special mention must go to Magown3 - who can not seem to connect his PS3 to the internet at will :D

Don't know if there is really the interest in continuing this or not - let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Good racing tonight lads. Some sick close ones in the after races too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Good craic. The Volvo races on trial mountain were the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

Tell you what ... we could lose the championship and just make every wednesday night a time for random races because the fun had after the actual race was first rate. Especially the Volvo and golf races!

yup - that sounds good to me - just have a Wednesday night race meeting.

The Volvo race was pure class - the penalties were still on at that point and the boost was off and they provided some of the best racing.

So say at 20:30 - 21:00 next Wednesday we start off with a Volvo race at Trial Mountain - say 7 laps?

So suggestions for races after that (and yes Urinbits1 - we know you want to race at Monza!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Doc_Savage wrote: »
    Tell you what ... we could lose the championship and just make every wednesday night a time for random races because the fun had after the actual race was first rate. Especially the Volvo and golf races!

I was just thinking that after my last post. The random races are always a good laugh. Fiat 500's at Daytona

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Fiat 500's at Daytona
    Whats the hype with these Fiat 500's, theyre dog slow.
    I missed the main race of the evening eas stuck in an endurance race but got some of the randoms afterwards. Very entertaining races i must say lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

nocal wrote: »
    yup - that sounds good to me - just have a Wednesday night race meeting.

The Volvo race was pure class - the penalties were still on at that point and the boost was off and they provided some of the best racing.

So say at 20:30 - 21:00 next Wednesday we start off with a Volvo race at Trial Mountain - say 7 laps?

So suggestions for races after that (and yes Urinbits1 - we know you want to race at Monza!!!)

Monza with boost on high and same cars (no matter what they are) ALWAYS make super tight races.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Magown3

nocal wrote: »
    and a special mention must go to Magown3 - who can not seem to connect his PS3 to the internet at will :D

Thanks :) After I restarted my router and PS3 it seemed to be ok.

Suggestion:
    Eiger Nordland (or whatever it's called)
    Penalties Low
    Boost High
    No TCS
    No ASM
    No Driving Line
    Comfort Hard Tyres and a High performance RWD car.

Did this last night with other friends online and it makes for some pretty cool sideways racing. It was like ice racing, :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

The penalties can be a bit of a pain but on balance I think they're needed as after a while everyone started taking the piss a bit in Monza.

Also I think tracks like Monza are ok for super cars but trial mountain is better suited to mid horsepower cars like the Golfs.

I enjoyed the challenge of the actual race and I think the low grip improved my driving skills.

I don't get the Fiat 500's. They're just dull.

I think I was probably being the silliest on Monza - and apologies - just had to get it out of my system.
    I do not really get the boost thing - especially with no penalties. It kind of gives you the freedom to mess around - you just have to worry about being in a reasonable position coming into the last corner and then you are better off not being in the lead.
    I am not convinced that the penalties are penalising the right person all the time and achieving what they really should be.

I have kind of found playing the game that when I get frustrated with it I go on to realise that the creators are trying to let me know what motor racing is all about. Ok it makes things challenging at times but then you feel satisfied when you overcome it. Would love to do races where my driving skills are rewarded or punished i.e. at the end of the race I get what I deserve.

As for the Fiat 500's - I was amazed to find myself not being able to control it - maybe I should have left some traction control on!!!

Advertisement