Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shed vapour varrier

• 10-01-2011 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

hello,
    i have just finished building my steel shed from box iron and box profile sheeting.
    i have finished the inside of the shed with 25mm insulation board (xtratherm) and 12mm plywood.
    i also put insulation on the roof.
    my problem is that vapour condensates between the steel roof ( which has anti drip backing ) then flows along the insulation until it meets a gap then flows out onto the floor.
    if i removed the steel roof sheets and then roll out a vapour barrier material and refit the roof, would this solve the problem?
    many thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 daveee

i take it you plied the roof first then insulated if then the roof cladding if so your vapour barrier should be after the ply then insulation then the finished roof
    hope this helps

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

8 inch roof joists,then covered over with Daltex Ultra breathable roofing membrane,then battoned over,then cladded in "non drip" tile effect cladding.Just like a normal tile roof would be done.

No water ingress,leaks or condensation.

Simples.:)

Advertisement