Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ulster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

jacothelad wrote: »

Where the fork is Afoa? Taking a break from his strenuous break taking.

Visiting the wife and child and scouting for a replacement prop for Ulster

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Are Gloucester going to tolerate this bollocks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

awec wrote: »
    Are Gloucester going to tolerate this bollocks?

If suddenly Afoa doesn't disappear every so often next year then I'd be very bitter as an Ulster fan to be honest. Yes family is important but it's amazing Ulster have tolerated this.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sixy

If suddenly Afoa doesn't disappear every so often next year then I'd be very bitter as an Ulster fan to be honest. Yes family is important but it's amazing Ulster have tolerated this.

We've been beyond good to him, it was bitter that his big move home was to England nevermind wat he does next year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭jacothelad

sixy wrote: »
    We've been beyond good to him, it was bitter that his big move home was to England nevermind wat he does next year

Just found out that John Afoa has returned to New Zealand due to a family bereavement.

Ah, that's more than understandable.

I retract my previous comment so, I wasn't aware it was because of a bereavement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,817 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Is the game on the box today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

bilston wrote: »

Its on the BBC red button and streamed online from what I hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭OldRio

Thanks for that. Yes it's on the red button 2.00 till 4.00

• Advertisement

7-3 to Ulster. Cave try. 12mins gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,377 ✭✭✭✭phog

977 on Sky - BBC RB1

Its on the BBC red button and streamed online from what I hear.

Watched the first 20 mins before the kids commandeered the TV and can't find the BBC streaming.

Anyway it was 7-3 to Ulster with a lack of discipline (and arguably the odd dodgy Clancy decision) holding Ulster back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,377 ✭✭✭✭phog

Ulster being heavily penalised at scrum time. 3 or 4 in a row now.

7-3 half time. Poor enough to be honest. Highlight is the Italian directors use of female imagery during the breaks in play. Fellini like:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Lovely line and try from Diack

Ulster 14 v Treviso 12

Very poor.

OldRio wrote: »
    Ulster 14 v Treviso 12

Very poor.

Today proved just how important Paddy Jackson is to Ulster.

On the positive side that was an encouraging wee cameo from Rory Scholes.

Are Ulster in the market for a lock? They should take a look at Joshua Furno, he was great against Scotland. He's at Biarritz and could be available when they are relegated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

Maybe we already have signed a new one ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

:eek: Hope the Wolf pack get ripped a new one .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

duckysauce wrote: »

That might actually be the worst thing I've ever seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Worse than this anyway.

decisions wrote: »
    Worse than this anyway.

At least we can back these things up with a genuine travelling support...unlike Saracens...

Someone pass me the sick bucket.

"Hoardes of Saracens fans". What, you mean both of them are coming?

• Advertisement

duckysauce wrote: »

That is genuinely embarrassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Is it?
    It's bad in the sense that it's really really ordinary, but I don't think it's particularly embarrassing personally.

Well, who knew that Saracens supporters were all cockney geezers who own market stalls.

Hagz wrote: »
    Is it?
    It's bad in the sense that it's really really ordinary, but I don't think it's particularly embarrassing personally.

We differ then.
    A high percentage of these people have no idea where Ravenhill is and I would hazard a guess have no idea who sarries are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

It took me a min to realise that that Saracens fan clip was actually for the Saracens and not Ulster...........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

I actually think it's gas. They're clearing ripping the piss out of ulster who did the same thing last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

.ak wrote: »
    I actually think it's gas. They're clearing ripping the piss out of ulster who did the same thing last season.
    yea but sarries put the game in twickenham and anyone who could possibly want a ticket could get one. in the end the crowd was about 50:50 so it pretty much worked. what odds do you think there is of a 50:50 crowd this time?

theyre trying to take the piss but its just going to look like a crap pr stunt when they get theyre outnumbered 10:1 or whatever their allocation is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Nah it's a tongue cheek stab at the previous Ulster campaign. I think it's pretty funny. It's supposed to be ironic.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭cp

.ak wrote: »
    Nah it's a tongue cheek stab at the previous Ulster campaign. I think it's pretty funny. It's supposed to be ironic.

Whatever way you look at it, I'd expect Sarries will be well aware of the kind of atmosphere they're likely to face; Been really impressed with the noise coming out of Ravenhill (and into my telly) over the last few games, and the latest pics of the Stadium on Ulster's Facebook page look absolutely brilliant. Must say I'm really looking forward to making a trip up there in the near future. I'd expect it to be rocking for the QF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

Just spotted Payne and Paddy Mc in Stranmillis....

Can't wait for Payne to turn out for Ireland!!!
    Paddy looks in good shape. He's a big lad though....been 2 years since he's played though - will he ever make it back?!

Utah_Saint wrote: »
    Just spotted Payne and Paddy Mc in Stranmillis....

Can't wait for Payne to turn out for Ireland!!!
    Paddy looks in good shape. He's a big lad though....been 2 years since he's played though - will he ever make it back?!

Maybe just out of training at Newforge and off for a cup of tea amongst the predominantly female student population of Stranmillis. :pac:

Actually, do we even train at Newforge ?

awec wrote: »
    Maybe just out of training at Newforge and off for a cup of tea amongst the predominantly female student population of Stranmillis. :pac:

Actually, do we even train at Newforge ?

Yeah we still train there. I wonder will that change now that the fitness suite is opened at Ravenhill?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Utah_Saint wrote: »
    will he ever make it back?!

I thought I had that he had made it back at AIL level in the last week or two

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

He did but got injured again. Hamstring I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

Very disappointed with Trimble performance against England good under high ball and defensive but lacked going forward.

Cave would definty played better.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 lt091

Huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Very disappointed with Trimble performance against England good under high ball and defensive but lacked going forward.

On the wing...?

Good point Darren!!

Nurse, guess who's forgotten their medication.......again.

Good point Darren!!Simon.
    Fixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Well, she's more or less done now.

file.php?id=3696

file.php?id=3697

I think the whole stadium is a fantastic achievement and a top class rugby ground, but is it just me or does the final (main) stand look a little bit disappointing?

Maybe it's just the way it's designed, but there seems to be a lot of space wasted and doesn't look like there's actually that many seats in it or as apposing a stand as I had expected.

None the less, lovely stadium and along with Thomond (more so for Thomond to be fair ;)) you're the envy of Leinster fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭sleepyman

Looks great.Did someone mention that it was in the stadium plan to fill in the corners should it be required a few years down the line?
    How are the other Stadia developments up north going?I read that the contractors had been hired to start on Casement Park but don't see anything about construction progress.

sleepyman wrote: »
    Looks great.Did someone mention that it was in the stadium plan to fill in the corners should it be required a few years down the line?
    How are the other Stadia developments up north going?I read that the contractors had been hired to start on Casement Park but don't see anything about construction progress.

Yeah there is the option to fill the corners if required. Would push the capacity up around 25k

Casement is due to start very soon with a completion date of 2016. There are a few groups lobbying to get it stopped as it will be a massive stadium (40k) and very close to the houses in Andersonstown that surround it. Also Parking is a mamoth issue for casement. I must admit i have a lot of sympathy for the residents. A Antrim or Ulster Club Hurling/Football final only attracts 3-5k at most. Its gonna look rather silly with 90% of the stadium empty during these so called big games. I know the gaa plan to use it for International rules, concerts and other big sporting events ....Heineken Cup Semi??? but I think the money could be better utilised.

Also the windsor park revdevelopment is due to kick off soon with a completion in 2016. The capacity will rise to 18K. The plans look good. Again nowhere to park but the area is well served with Public transport.

I think it'll look better when all the finishing touches are put in.

Looks the business already though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

I think it looks great.

btw, I wouldn't be so Blue Leinster fans, I like the RDS, very nice stadium

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement