Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ulster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

BtUvbvIIAAA6r9n.jpg

BtUQWVOIAAAAnCQ.jpg

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The top one a training jersey ?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭$ausage$

good old red white and blue..... and purple :)

What I want is a plain polo! No stupid stripes or anything, just a plain coloured polo with a non-garish badge on it.

And not the stupid US college style badge.

awec wrote: »
    What I want is a plain polo! No stupid stripes or anything, just a plain coloured polo with a non-garish badge on it.

And not the stupid US college style badge.

Easy

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ulster_Beef

$ausage$ wrote: »

What did I just click on haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

That top one makes feel ill, reminds me of a Sarries jersey

S10275-ThermalCamouflage-Mens_1_-900_grande.png?v=1405524623

What you reckon jacothelad? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

That can't be real. Can it?

It's real. It's a thermal top so players will probably train in it or maybe wear it under their jerseys in matches.

http://www.ulsterrugbyshop.com/collections/newrange/products/s10297

• Advertisement

A novel way to ensure that players don't take off Jerseys after scoring a try.

Make them wear those underneath!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

...I would definitely wear that.

I like these quirky jerseys. Stade Francais have some of my favourite jerseys and these are somewhat similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭jacothelad

It looks like a burst summer fruits pudding. Or a camouflage top designed by a colour blind gibbon.

jacothelad wrote: »
    It looks like a burst summer fruits pudding. Or a camouflage top designed by a colour blind gibbon.
    "a burst summer fruits pudding"

Class! :D

I take it you won't be buying one then?

If it means Payne will get rid of that washed out grey number I'm all for it!

file.php?id=4097

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

That's nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

It's real. It's a thermal top so players will probably train in it or maybe wear it under their jerseys in matches.

http://www.ulsterrugbyshop.com/collections/newrange/products/s10297

I wouldn't wear it to cut turf...

• Advertisement

New kit:

UlsterRugby2014-2015Kit.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Looks like the old kit to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,817 ✭✭✭✭bilston

New kit:

UlsterRugby2014-2015Kit.jpg

A hint to the captaincy as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Interesting that all Ulstermen likely to go to the rwc save Henderson is in that pic. Is Henderson hurt?

I dont think so as in most of them Henry is in the middle think its just to show he is the oldest :)
    Interesting to see SO getting in there though.... would think L Marshall or Cave would have been a better pick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Interesting that all Ulstermen likely to go to the rwc save Henderson is in that pic. Is Henderson hurt?
    Doing his homework and his mammy wouldn't let him out.

Tuohy is also a very likely candidate as is Luke Marshall and as a fairly remote outsider, Cave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Where will Olding fit into plans this year?

jacothelad wrote: »
    Doing his homework and his mammy wouldn't let him out.

Tuohy is also a very likely candidate as is Luke Marshall and as a fairly remote outsider, Cave.

Tuohy is an interesting one, he did very well against Scotland in February and unfortunately his injury was poorly timed. I suppose we'd have to assume Toner and POC will travel, you'd have to fancy Henderson's chances as well. McCarthy is a candidate and obviously there is Ryan at Munster and a big season from Dave Foley will push him into contention.

No one knows. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

I would expect as a centre. Great to see Stuart looking fit and well, such a great player. He may look at playing 10 as PJ and iHumph need back up but you would think that his long term ambitions and Irish opportunities would be as a centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

He'll barely fit into his jersey going on the pics of him training. He has spent the last 8 months horsing the weights out of it.

• Advertisement

Buer wrote: »
    He'll barely fit into his jersey going on the pics of him training. He has spent the last 8 months horsing the weights out of it.

He looks massive. Let's hope he maintains his pace and agility. I would hate for him to be used the same way Marshall has been. It would be criminal if he was.

bilston wrote: »
    He looks massive. Let's hope he maintains his pace and agility. I would hate for him to be used the same way Marshall has been. It would be criminal if he was.

If Olding gets turned in to a bosh merchant it would be disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

If Olding gets turned in to a bosh merchant it would be disgraceful.

I was thinking the same. It is not his thing !

Just hope that he gets a few games under his belt and see how he goes. That was a terrible injury and although he has built his frame up, it is only in game situations that the real test comes. We know all to well about certain players rehab and then finding problems upon return. He has years on his side, but I hope people are not expecting some human wrecking ball of a centre to just appear.

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16024_9401086,00.html

The last paragraph seems like a not so subtle hint that Cave agrees with Anscombe's sacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Was that shoulder injury to Cave, the reason for the messing around towards the end of the season?

stephen_n wrote: »
    Was that shoulder injury to Cave, the reason for the messing around towards the end of the season?

Not sure as he was still playing more often than not, just not at 13 all the time.

Here's an a brief interview with Tommy and our two new Saffers. All positive vibes as you'd expect at this time of the year. It's from the Beeb so probably UK posters only can watch.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/northern-ireland/28583999

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

stephen_n wrote: »

If I was a 13 and I picked up a shoulder injury last place I'd want to go is inside. :P

Good choice.

Good choice.
    I agree but a mute choice with the amount of time he will be away. Who will be the stand in when he goes?

• Advertisement

I agree but a mute choice with the amount of time he will be away. Who will be the stand in when he goes?

Franco I guess, with a view to maybe taking it permanently next year.

There has been too much change at Ulster to drop a brand new signing in as captain IMO.

tbh I surprised its not Ruan

tbh I surprised its not Ruan

He misses pre-season and most of the season pre-December. It wouldn't make any sense naming him captain.

Well look at Muller jesus how many games did he even play as skipper. Just some times a Captain is a guy everyone respects dosent have to play. but suppose Rory at skip might give him time to take over when he is away

Well look at Muller jesus how many games did he even play as skipper. Just some times a Captain is a guy everyone respects dosent have to play. but suppose Rory at skip might give him time to take over when he is away

It's not so much actually playing but equally being around at the camp. When Best isn't playing, excluding Ireland duty, he's still training and involved with the squad. Pienaar is absent completely during pre-season and up until October with South Africa. I'm sure Pienaar is still part of the leadership group of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭oisinog

It will be intresting to see who steps up as captain when the internationals are on, I would have had Chris Henry in there but he is now part of the international setup

oisinog wrote: »
    It will be intresting to see who steps up as captain when the internationals are on, I would have had Chris Henry in there but he is now part of the international setup

I would imagine Franco will captain when Rory is away.

Mind you I'm assuming Rory won't play in the first couple of league games so I wonder whether they will throw Van Der Mewre the captaincy straight away especially as Henry will likely be rested. Not sure who else would do it. Wilson maybe? Diack tpured with Ireland so I guess he will also miss the first game or two.

PJ might be an outside bet given he missed the tour but while I suspect he might be a future Ulster captain I'm not sure he's ready yet as he still needs to just concentrate on his own game.

ssaye2 wrote: »

"An Ulster Rugby player representing your country/fan zone"

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭George Hook

"An Ulster Rugby player representing your country/fan zone"

:confused:

Maybe it's in conjunction with:

"Opportunity to create your own fan zone using Ulster Rugby flags and bunting"

Does that mean if we set up a fan zone with the bunting in the garden an Ulster play will be sent to represent it?

Is that skydiving picture in Ulster or somewhere else?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement