Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ulster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

1194195196197198200»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

awec wrote: »
    I like our team, especially Hendo at 6 instead of 4. :)

Whatever about Henderson's relative merits at 4 or 6 I think most would agree that Diack is a far more competent player than Stevenson.

Has Diack been injured of late btw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,842 ✭✭✭✭bilston

shuffol wrote: »
    Whatever about Henderson's relative merits at 4 or 6 I think most would agree that Diack is a far more competent player than Stevenson.

Has Diack been injured of late btw?

The issue is do you get your best players on the pitch, ie Diack over Stevenson meaning that Henderson plays second row. Or do you let your best player (atm I think he is our best player) play his best position meaning you select an inferior player ahead of Diack?

That's the dilemma. You can argue it both ways I suppose.

There was a third option. Play Diack in the second row ahead of Stevenson.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

I think without Herbst the concern is the scrum - Stevenson is no magic ball player, but he will shore up that set-piece.

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The difference between Diack and Stevenson is not great enough to justify playing Henderson in the row.

The difference between Diack and Stevenson is not great enough to justify playing Henderson in the row.

I think my issue is more with Stevenson than anything else. I just see him make too many mistakes or give away too many penalties for my liking.

Has anyone seen this?

http://www.raineyoldboysrfc.com/Joomla/

"Rainey have pulled of a real coup by recruiting Ireland and Ulster centre Luke Marshall as backs coach for next season."

"Marshall is entering the final year of his contract with Ulster and is keen to build up experience in a coaching capacity."

Sounds like Luke Marshall's playing days are coming to an end...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Has anyone seen this?

"Rainey have pulled of a real coup by recruiting Ireland and Ulster centre Luke Marshall as backs coach for next season."

"Marshall is entering the final year of his contract with Ulster and is keen to build up experience in a coaching capacity."

Sounds more like he's ensuring he has a future in rugby just incase the worst happens. Good on him.

Has anyone seen this?

Heard that earlier. As a.k. says he is maybe just building up his coaching experience in the event that he does have to retire. He was and still is a player of great promise. I hope we haven't seen the last of him. You do have to wonder where he is at the moment though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Has anyone seen this?

I hope there is no threat to his career, but given his bad run of consussions, he is probably making contingency plans - good man.

• Advertisement

Game day lads and lasses. Let's put it up to these guys. This is basically a derby match for us nowadays. The spite is beginning to grow between these sides as well. It should be a noisy atmosphere. Hopefully it's a dry deck and we can play some ball.

C'mon Ulster!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭ouncer

ssaye2 wrote: »
    Glasgow 8/13
    Ulster 11/8

from Paddypower

Good luck lads
    Now those odds look good to me. Worth a few bobs on ulster. Fielding a relatively fresh team. Cant see Ulster losing to be honest

So was I alone in thinking "who the feck is this guy?" when Sean Reidy appeared on the pitch in the 78th minute of our biggest game of the season?

bilston wrote: »
    So was I alone in thinking "who the feck is this guy?" when Sean Reidy appeared on the pitch in the 78th minute of our biggest game of the season?

He did?

I'm still absolutely gutted.

Where is our big back town signing to cheer me up a bit? :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement