Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ulster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭jacothelad

18 - 20 PEN NOC. Still playing like sewage.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭goreyguy

Ulster all over the place

Dreadful shyte by Ulster. O'Connor is just too poor for this level of Ulster. Passes the ball straight to an Italian in his own 22.

4th try for Zebre under the posts. McComish opens the door.

25 - 20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

David Humphreys would be better than NOC

U;Connor has kicked really wel, it;s just that he is useless in everything else.
    Ulster knock on in front of Zebre post. Awful.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Missing this game but it sounds brutal .

Penalty try to Ulster.
    25 - 27

Undeserved so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Welcome to 'having a massive chunk of your team away on international duty' ulster...

3 minutes to go.

jacothelad wrote: »
    Penalty try to Ulster.
    25 - 27

Undeserved so far.
    Come on to fcuk ulster!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭OldRio

27-25 to Ulster 3mins left

Pen to Zebre 20 secs

Pen to Zebre 20 secs
    Noooooo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

This on TV? Can someone PM a stream maybe? Can't find it

All over. Dreadful. Undeserved victory

Did zebre miss the pen?

Zebre literally went from Ulsters 10m line to their own 10m line on a single phase to lose the game. Out half could not have possibly been any deeper. He must have been that Italian fella Nialli Di Connorio

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

It wasn't a shot at the posts, was not in kickable range

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

yet the 100% record goes on, well done.

Not exactly a bad result for Zebre either, 2 points secured against the league leaders is something is decent considering they haven't won yet.

Thank goodness for that. Keeps the win streak going.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Redsock

That was the worst ulster performance I have seen in years and yet it is another win. Restarts were embarrassing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭Banbridgeman2

Shockingly poor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

Difficult watching that one...very sloppy and oh so Lucky to get the win.... huge step up required for next week or result will be very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Brendan97

score?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

27-25 ulster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,817 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Well we won...lets move on and forget it ever happened...as for NOC say what you like but his goalkicking won that for us.

Next week we'll hopefully get a few guys back from Ireland...not too many mind with my Ireland hat on!!!...and we'll raise the standards.

Harsh luck Zebre, if it hadn't been us I'd be gutted for them. At least they got a couple of points.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭Banbridgeman2

100% record upheld I suppose onwards and upwards!

Sign of a good team apparently, to play sh!te and still win ;)

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Provisional 24 man squad for Treviso has been named (Friday 23rd Nov, 6.05pm GMT, BBC NI red button). Academy back row Conor Joyce has been added to the panel:

FORWARDS (14)
    Herring, Brady, Black, Fitzpatrick, Court, Afoa, McComb, Simpson, Diack, Joyce, McComish, Birch, Wilson, Williams.

BACKS (10)
    Heaney, McIlroy, O’Connor, Olding, Wallace, Payne, Allen, Cochrane, Andrew, Nelson.

Provisional 24 man squad for Treviso has been named (Friday 23rd Nov, 6.05pm GMT, BBC NI red button). Academy back row Conor Joyce has been added to the panel:

FORWARDS (14)
    Herring, Brady, Black, Fitzpatrick, Court, Afoa, McComb, Simpson, Diack, Joyce, McComish, Birch, Wilson, Williams.

BACKS (10)
    Heaney, McIlroy, O’Connor, Olding, Wallace, Payne, Allen, Cochrane, Andrew, Nelson.

I was hoping we'd get at least two or three Ireland guys for this one but I suppose flying them out to Italy was always going to be an ask, in saying that Deccie will know his team already and will know he needs and who he doesn't, it just can't be publicised yet so maybe the forementioned players are winging themselves out to Italy as we speak!

Good to see Joyce involved as he is a promising prospect. This week I'd start Nelson at 15 and even though he's currently skipper I'd be very tempted to bring Herring in at 2 and maybe give Afoa or Wallace the captaincy. I think we'll do very well to get the win.

Also note the KO time....6.05pm...

bilston wrote: »
    I was hoping we'd get at least two or three Ireland guys for this one but I suppose flying them out to Italy was always going to be an ask, in saying that Deccie will know his team already and will know he needs and who he doesn't, it just can't be publicised yet so maybe the forementioned players are winging themselves out to Italy as we speak!

I was thinking that too, could well be on their way out today. A sports journo has said on Twitter that Marshall and Trimble will be released for the game, so we'll see..

I was thinking that too, could well be on their way out today. A sports journo has said on Twitter that Marshall and Trimble will be released for the game, so we'll see..

Which Marshall?

Getting Paul would be crucial and actually Trimble would be good to bring in as it would mean Allen could move to 13 allowing Jared to go to 15 which would help us from an experience point of view.

bilston wrote: »
    Which Marshall?

Getting Paul would be crucial and actually Trimble would be good to bring in as it would mean Allen could move to 13 allowing Jared to go to 15 which would help us from an experience point of view.

Sorry, always forget there's two Marshall's! It's Paul Marshall apparently coming back.

Ulster Rugby today announced that winger Craig Gilroy will remain at the club until the summer of 2016 having signed a three year contract extension.

Link

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

I'd assume he got a hefty pay increase.

Ulster team for Treviso

15 Peter Nelson
    14 Andrew Trimble
    13 Jared Payne
    12 Paddy Wallace
    11 Michael Allen
    10 Niall O'Connor
    9 Paul Marshall
    1 Tom Court
    2 Rob Herring
    3 Declan Fitzpatrick
    4 Robbie Diack
    5 Neil McComb
    6 Nick Williams
    7 Mike McComish
    8 Roger Wilson (c)

Bench
    N Brady, C Black, J Afoa, J Simpson, A Birch, M Heaney, S Olding, C Cochrane

That backline looks so much better than last weeks. Happy with that team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Stanza2

Team looks very good, can't help but feel for Trimble tho............ he must be gutted to lose his place in the Irish squad. I think that he has so much to offer and it must get him thinking about the future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

Stanza2 wrote: »
    Team looks very good, can't help but feel for Trimble tho............ he must be gutted to lose his place in the Irish squad. I think that he has so much to offer and it must get him thinking about the future

Yes, It'll be interesting who gets the nod for Europe. Trimble could have a big decision to make at the end of the season.. He still has plenty of years ahead of him, but may need to move to get to play the big games,

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Best place for Trimble is playing for Ulster. Unfortunate not to be with Ireland but better to be playing all the same.

I didn't know Diack played in the second row last week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭sjwpjw

i think the trimble decision is a poor one - as another poster put it. the problem in the SA game was the left wing - nonsense.

on the positive side at least he can do plenty of good here where he is appreciated big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Hopefully Trimble will rip it up in this game and the games to come!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I don't think Trimble did anything wrong either but Gilroy forced Kidney's hand to a degree.

• Advertisement

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I don't think Trimble did anything wrong either but Gilroy forced Kidney's hand to a degree.
    What Trimble did wrong was being Trimble. Don't give a winger the ball and then blame him for not saving the teams face so boot him out. Deflect the blame from where it squarely lies - on a man who wouldn't know a good rugby player these days if he fell on him. It's of a parcel with the shameful treatment of Tom Court.

When did Kidney or the Irish management blame Trimble?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Beery Eyed

The last few comments have been very, very odd. Since when does a player being dropped have to be a sign that the management are "blaming" him?

If we took that approach nobody would ever be dropped, until they had an absolute stinker. Hardly best practice when it comes to team selection.

Gilroy was picked because he performed very well in the only chance he was given and therefore deserves a chance again. Trimble has been solid if unspectacular, so they've decided to reward the man with some momentum. It's not the end of the road for Trimble, it's just one Autumn international where a selection was made on form in a fairly 50/50 call

Interesting Article that I just found again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/16621252

Shows just how long it takes to get a look in from El Kidders.

Note the players named.

Interesting Article that I just found again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/16621252

Shows just how long it takes to get a look in from El Kidders.

Note the players named.
    This needs a bit of context though.

You have to remember that was when they announced that weird initial squad that was just the world cup squad copied and pasted. It was very confusing and didn't turn out to actually be the squad in the end.

Gilroy should have been in that Wolfhounds squad, but Dave Kearney and Zebo were the two starting wingers and they were forced to use the bench spot to test depth at 15, so it's not like he was behind an Ian Dowling type either! And Dave Kearney ended up in the 22 against Wales.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement