Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private Scan

Options
  • 10-01-2011 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Can anyone recommend a good place in Dublin for a private scan at 12 weeks? I don't have my first scan in Holles Street until 16 weeks and as it's our first we want to make sure everything is ok! Any help would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

We went to babyscan in rathgar; google them for contact details. Very nice and professional; we got a few very clear pictures and a dvd. I'd definitely recommend them. We could see the face, legs, arms and strong heartbeat at 10wks. Truly amazing especially if like us it's your first.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭newmammy2011

I had an early scan done in Femplus in Roselawn at 9 weeks and a private anamoly scan done in ultrasound dimensions in Blackrock at 19 weeks.
    Both were great!
    Best of luck with the scanand pregnancy! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Peanut6

Can you get it at 10 weeks?? Brilliant! Should I wait til my 16 week scan with Holles St to tell people or if everything looks ok at 10 could I tell people then do you think? This whole 1 in 4 chance of miscarriage in the first 12 weeks is freaking me out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I had a private scan done at 13 weeks in the RCSI unit in the Rotunda hospital, you don't have to be registered with the hospital to attend and I think it cost about €100-€120.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

www.ultrasound.ie

Thats the website for Ultrasound Dimensions in Blackrock. Had a few scans there and found them brilliant.

Congratulations and good luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

www.chartermedical.ie

In Smithfield, near the Luas. I had an early dating scan there as I didn't have a clue of my dates. It was a great experience, the sonogropher was lovely and I felt like we were given loads of time. Got lots of pictures, heard the heartbeat and saw baby waving its arms and legs. €125 but worth every penny as I'll be almost 18 weeks by the time I have my first hospital appointment.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

www.ultrasound.ie

Thats the website for Ultrasound Dimensions in Blackrock. Had a few scans there and found them brilliant.

We went here too and were very happy.
    I wanted a 12 week scan so I could believe that I was pregnant and also tell people:)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭fiona stephanie

Hi congrats on your pregnancy! 16 weeks for your first scan in Holles street is actually preety quick, mine wasnt till 21 weeks !
    I had a private scan at Charter Medical in Smithfiels, And I couldnt rate them any higher! As an above poster has said, the sonographer is the business, she couldnt have been more helpful, and she even gave us a usb of our scan, so I could plug it in to my computer at home and watch it over and over again! It was amazing, worth every penny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

www.ultrasound.ie

We have used them twice but we booked a scan a month ago and they just cancelled on us so that they could service the machine. Bad to take a booking knowing that a service was due and it was to be done on a specific day as its was a regular scheduled service.

We were having the 4d scan so the window is limited and left us in a hard position to find another appointment that suited us on the day we had arranged as this was the only day that was available with baby sitter, work etc.

Not happy and won't be dealing with them again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

We have used them twice but we booked a scan a month ago and they just cancelled on us so that they could service the machine. Bad to take a booking knowing that a service was due and it was to be done on a specific day as its was a regular scheduled service.

We were having the 4d scan so the window is limited and left us in a hard position to find another appointment that suited us on the day we had arranged as this was the only day that was available with baby sitter, work etc.

Not happy and won't be dealing with them again

Are you sure it was a regular scheduled service? We have had several scans there and always found them very professional and helpful. I can't imagine that they would cancel your appointment on the day if it was a scheduled service!

They had to cancel one of our scans once but were very accomodating in giving us another appointment that suited us.

The window for 4d scans is quite broad, and Ultrasound Dimensions are very welcoming of bringing family and siblings to see the scans. Could you not have brought your other child/ren to see the scan? Would've been a great bonding experience.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with them, but I've always found them great. You're the first bad experience I've ever heard of with them! And should I ever be pregnant again, I will definately be availing of their services!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

We went to http://www.ultrasound.ie/ yesterday and found them to be excellent, we had gone to another place with a previous pregnancy but found them to be a lot better, more professional and they insisted on giving our baby a full and thorough scan - we went for a gender scan and will be going for a 4D scan in a few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Are you sure it was a regular scheduled service? We have had several scans there and always found them very professional and helpful. I can't imagine that they would cancel your appointment on the day if it was a scheduled service!

They had to cancel one of our scans once but were very accomodating in giving us another appointment that suited us.

The window for 4d scans is quite broad, and Ultrasound Dimensions are very welcoming of bringing family and siblings to see the scans. Could you not have brought your other child/ren to see the scan? Would've been a great bonding experience.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with them, but I've always found them great. You're the first bad experience I've ever heard of with them! And should I ever be pregnant again, I will definately be availing of their services!

Yes it was, one son is 17 months old and sitting still isn't his strong point thus the need for the sitter.

Black and white, they took our booking and cancelled when they knew there was a service due. Also none of the other appointments they offered suited us and only their diary so we will go elsewhere and won't deal with them again.

They have been good in the past but after this never again. Its just our experience and i felt i had to share it to show both sides of the company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Kbolt

I've had a brill experience with Ultrasound Dimensions. I was reading about them over at rollercoaster and lots of the people there recommended them too.

Elvis Jones, I too am surprised to hear this. Their machine must have broken unexpectedly... it is good to hear that they did offer you other appointment times, I'm sure they must have tried to accommodate. Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. The time frame for a 4D scan is anywhere from 22 to 37 weeks, so there is a large time frame to have the scan.

Anyway, Peanut6 I'd recommend www.ultrasound.ie, let us know how you get on.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Peanut6

Thanks for all the advice! I think we'll probably go with Ultrasound.ie. I'm 12 weeks on 21st Feb so I'll book it for around then.

In the meantime we just have to wait. Longest 5 weeks ever!!

Advertisement