Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox 360 /eircom router issue

• 10-01-2011 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

i have an issue with my xbox360 in regards my eircom router.

i am on eircom 3mb connection and i have my xbox in main sitting room and i stream the sky player on the xbox wirelessly not wired.

everything is fine apart from my eircom connection is unsecured which normally wouldnt bother me my house is out on its own no neighbours to my left or right not a house for miles. so i never had an issue with people hacking into it.

my question is i rang eircom today and asked about when my area would be getting the 7mb speed as 3mb is only available to me.

why i was talking to eircom tech he told me my eircom broadband was unsecuered which i knew. so he said will i secure it i said do. so he secured it with WPA - PSK Security and we changed my eircom 1235 5235(not the real one) and renamed it to jamesbond(for exmaple)

so the next time i tried to log in to xbox live i had to go to systemsettings and refresh my network and enter new username / password

since then i have not been able to connect to x box live.

so i went into the settings of the router http://192.168.1.254

i went to wireless settings. to privacy and turned it off.

went back to xbox and everything worked fine again no problem.

when looking at what forms of encrypton are on the router

there is:
    WPA -PSK
    WPA- 802.1x
    WEP - Automatic

so just out of curiosity i tried all 3 forms of encryption and x box live wont connect under any secured connection.

i than went into expert mode to see if UpNp was on and it was.

anyone know how i can resolve this issue as i am moving house next month into a housing estate and of course when i have houses to my left and right i will be securing my connection and will face the same problem.

my eircom router is: Netopia 2247nwg(silver Model)

any suggestions would be appreiciated!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

When I was setting up my xbox 360 with the wireless adapter I put the PPPoE settings in. Username was my landline number and password was the eircom account number, or it could be the other way around.

I'm not saying it will work but you could try it. Remove the PPPOE settings if it doesn't.

Hope that helps.

Advertisement