Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC wireless connection problem

Options
  • 10-01-2011 10:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8

Hey, just wondering if anyone here has the answer I need.

Recently purchased UPC broadband with the CISCO EPC2425 wireless router and using windows 7. Works grand on the main computer where the router is stationed, however whenever I try to connect through wireless I get the problem "windows was unable to connect to UPC" etc etc. It's not a problem to do with the wireless adapters, because I tried to connect on numerous computers.

I have tried to change the password from the allocated WPA/PSK to a 64bit WEP, but still getting the same problem. Reset the router also but to no avail. If anybody could help me out it'd be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Try changing the Channel in the router configuration.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭E0inz

Delete the SSID profile, e.g. "UPC 20302020".
    Then reconnect, i had this problem too.
    VERY annoying!
    if its still not working just give us a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

roast wrote: »
    Try changing the Channel in the router configuration.

Does anyone know the default user name and password for the UPC router?

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭johnc24

fox007 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the default user name and password for the UPC router?

Just leave both fields blank and click OK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

johnc24 wrote: »
    Just leave both fields blank and click OK

Tried that the screen just refreshes then load back with enter user name and password I'm on a mac if that's different :confused:

I'm trying to change the channel on the router because i did a sped check and I'm getting 19.3 download and it takes 15 mins to download an app from iTunes and it takes for ever to open a web page:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement