Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Altan apartments?

Options
  • 10-01-2011 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows about the Altan apartments which are opposite Dunnes/Next/Newlook in Knocknacarra. See there's a few nice ones advertised for letting and I'm just wondering what they're like to live in/what the general population is like there (students, families or professionals)?

Also one or 2 of the ads mention it is on a bus route, does anyone know what bus it is that passes there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows about the Altan apartments which are opposite Dunnes/Next/Newlook in Knocknacarra. See there's a few nice ones advertised for letting and I'm just wondering what they're like to live in/what the general population is like there (students, families or professionals)?

Also one or 2 of the ads mention it is on a bus route, does anyone know what bus it is that passes there?

The 2W goes to Knocknacarra but I suspect that the City Direct (red busses which are operated privately) routes are nearer.

My hunch would be that there is a bigger potential for noise in those apartments because there are so many of apartments in one building.

Maybe I am wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I think that City Direct's route 34 is the closest .. and I've heard rumours that the route has changed from the one I mapped a while ago (haven't had a chance to ride the bus and check it out though).

Like ErnieBert, I have some hunches about the neighbourhood. I delivered some flyers there before Christmas, and in every block of letterboxes (blocks of 16, I think) there were at least one or two that were jammed full of junk mail: either no one was living in those flats, or if they were they didn't want to receive any mail.

That's the only fact I can offer, so I'm not gonna say any more except to suggest that you go and have a look, and keep your eyes open while you're there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

JustMary wrote: »
    I think that City Direct's route 34 is the closest .. and I've heard rumours that the route has changed from the one I mapped a while ago (haven't had a chance to ride the bus and check it out though).

Like ErnieBert, I have some hunches about the neighbourhood. I delivered some flyers there before Christmas, and in every block of letterboxes (blocks of 16, I think) there were at least one or two that were jammed full of junk mail: either no one was living in those flats, or if they were they didn't want to receive any mail.

That's the only fact I can offer, so I'm not gonna say any more except to suggest that you go and have a look, and keep your eyes open while you're there.

City direct changing their routes????
    NEVER.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

barryd09 wrote: »
    City direct changing their routes????
    NEVER.
    Oh, I see what you did there...

Wish I could say the same for City Direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

city direct would be your best bet, joyces would be your nearest stop on the 2W

AFAIK it's mostly "young professionals" (as they are termed!:rolleyes:) in those apartments OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

Bishop o donnell road at friars hill would be nearest bus eireann stop it goes into town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭dreababyluxe

thanks all for feedback, apt we were looking at is now gone unfortunately!

Advertisement