Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shattered Skies - Melodic groove metal from Wicklow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Rockettmeister

Also here's a quick video of me recording the midsection to the song, apologies for the muffled audio, Ross put his finger over the mic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe6Tz3WACoM

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭drumdrum

Sounds good guys. Nice production and tune you got there....

Just wondering, are you just announcing your new band, or are you looking for a member in particular?
    To harness a guess, I'd say that maybe its for a singer seeing as your tune is instrumental, but sure you never know where a good digereedoo solo will fit in! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭drumdrum

Sounds great lads!!
    Fair play to yeh...

Gotta ask again, but are you looking for any members, per chance?
    Keep up what you're doing anyways...sounds savage! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Moved to Band Promotion.

Shattered Skies has a vocalist and his name is Sean Murphy!

We're preparing to enter the studio to do his vocals for our upcoming EP, but in the meantime he threw down some vocals in our drummer's house for the song Beneath the Waves, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEdVGR5HtJ8

enjoy (hopefully)

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 acidoversydney

Class stuff, sounds like a lotta work was put into it. Music is great, harmonies are spot on and the choruses are epic. Great to see more good Irish bands keeping the metal scene going. Thought it was John Petrucci playing the solo on Beneath the Waves :D Fair play lads, good luck in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭spiderjazz

Sounds brilliant lads, love the production on it, and the playing is superb.

Thanks guys, glad you're digging it! We're working our asses off on this EP, it's a fairly large amount of recording/production that we're doing with limited time due to work/college etc so I'd say late March/early April is the earliest we can hope for release-wise.

We had an awesome time opening for Red Enemy at their EP Launch on Friday, and we'll be headlining Fibbers this Saturday (26th of March) with the likes of ColdTrigger and Vile Regression, anyone who wants to come check us out, please do!

Thanks again for the comments :)

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Good Stuff lads, feel free to play in Cork anytime! would like to see ye.

Cheers man! We were offered a slot on Red Enemy's Cork date on Saturday, but our drummer was stuck in work, which sucked! We've actually never gotten to play Cork before, a couple of promoters we talked to said we weren't 'death or black metal' enough for them or something, fair enough I guess. If you know some promoters or gigs who'd be up for having us down let us know, we'd be psyched to play down there!

We're headlining Fibbers tonight with 4 awesome bands, come check it out if you can! Cheap beer and awesome music!

Teaser for one of the brand new songs on our upcoming EP:

http://soundcloud.com/shattered-skies/shattered-skies-ep-teaser-1

Hi guys,

There was a small thread on us before but I figured a thread in this subforum would be best for the release of our Reanimation EP. Hope you guys enjoy it!

http://www.facebook.com/shatteredskiesband

Download it for free at:

http://shatteredskies.bandcamp.com (just put 0 in the 'name your price' bit, although donations are appreciated ;) )

We're looking for as many gigs as possible, so hopefully some of you guys like what you hear, cheers!

254571_207972842574938_141763062529250_535977_3386721_n.jpg

Sean Murphy - Vocals
    James Dunne - Bass
    Ross McMahon - Drums, Mixing/Production
    Ian Rockett - Guitars, Keyboards, Backing Vocals

I love that cover art. I will definitely be checking this out.

Bleh, why do they keep moving this to 'band promotion'? This subforum doesn't get half as many viewers, and we are a 'rock & metal' band so I don't see what's so bad about the thread being in there, where it's far more likely to get a few views. Thanks for the kind words about the artwork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Band Promotion is for people to promote their own bands. If every band were allowed to plug themselves in the Metal/Music/Alt/Indie forums they would be clogged with those threads.

If you feel this needs to change then the Feedback forum is the place to air those concerns.

Well I understand that, but given the discrepancy in views (Band Promotion - around 3,500. Rock & Metal - around 149,000) it doesn't seem like a few 'band promotion' threads going in there would really 'clog' it. This subforum just doesn't seem worth its own existence. I take your point, but it just doesn't seem to 'promote bands' as the name would suggest.

Just to clarify why I find this annoying: My previous band had a thread on the R&M forum because it was started by someone else, and we had a hell of a lot of views and great feedback. Every time a thread on us gets started in Band Promotion, it gets a tiny amount of views in comparison, it just seems somewhat counter-intuitive.

I moved the thread and while I do agree with you that there is a discrepancy in forum activity, you are much better off opening up a Feedback thread so it can be discussed without dragging this thread off-topic. If you have suggestions on how the current situation can be improved I would be all ears.

Ok fair enough. Well my only suggestion would be to gauge the bands. If they're a complete start-out band with no fans at all, maybe this forum would be best because they can build gradually and the R&M forum won't get clogged. If they're a bit more established, and the music is of a decent enough standard, maybe they could 'qualify' for an upgrade to the actual forum of their genre. That might be too much work though I have no idea, it just seems like the gap is too big given the point of the forums. But I get why you moved it etc I'm not pissed or anything.

Anyway I'll shut up about it on here and maybe open up a feedback thread. Thanks.