Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Legend with no 3G signal whatsoever ?

• 10-01-2011 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Have a Legend on the O2 network that will never connect to 3G at all.
    All I ever get on the notification bar is the two small arrows with the letter H above them.

I recently updated to 2.2 so Im not sure if that has screwed up my APN settings?

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

I normally have H instead of G sometimes.

What area are you in, as some areas do have crappy coverage, sometimes in the girlfriends house I can't get any coverage what so ever (Vodafone)

Also, how old is your sim card, when I was in with Vodafone the last time, they switched my sim card as it was 3 years old and said it wouldn't do harm to change it. Supposedly, it would has some effect on signal etc. Not sure how true this is but doesn't do any harm anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

H stands for HSDPA and is faster than 3G, just means you have good signal, it's not bad, how are your download speeds?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭AndyC555

Thanks very much for the replies.

Thats good news. I didnt realise that is what the H symbol meant.

My 3G sim card is about 5 years old I think.

How do I check or test download speeds?

I think speedtest.net have a mobile site, there may well be better ways of doing same though

OK I downloaded the speedtest app and i got...

2.5Mbps download and

220Kbps upload.

Over WiFi I get

4.2Mbps and

310kbps

• Advertisement

I'm on vodafone, but have rubbish signal where i am now so probably not fair to check, they seem like ok speeds, but not great.

My hero on wifi is getting 2.5 down, and 1.0 up ( on my laptop at the moment getting 17.5 down, and 1.4 up)

Here is a link to another thread discussing download speeds

17.5Mbps download! nice one.

Thanks for the info.

Yeah fairplay to UPC, they just sent me a text saying that my speed was going up from 15 - 20Mbs, but haven't unplugged the modem yet to do it properly

Advertisement