Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best valentines gift you recieved?

Options
  • 10-01-2011 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭

Hi
    Thanks for taking the time to read my post. This valentines im working on the night of the 14th so im thinking of sending the gf 50 red roses on the 14 then taking her away for two nights on the 16th and 17th im currently trying to narrow down the hotels was thinking a suite in a nice hotel. does that sound good?

But before i go ahead with this, what the best valentines day youve had? Or gift recieved? Who know some of the replys might inspire me to chane my mind.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

50 red roses? :eek: sending her flowers today just because you want to would be much more romantic.

Best valentines day is staying at home with himself, having little surprises for each other - random post its around the place with soppy messages, favourite food bought, nice movie to watch, nice bottle of wine, even splash out on a bottle of champagne, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

50 red roses? :eek: sending her flowers today just because you want to would be much more romantic.

Best valentines day is staying at home with himself, having little surprises for each other - random post its around the place with soppy messages, favourite food bought, nice movie to watch, nice bottle of wine, even splash out on a bottle of champagne, etc.

This :D

ps - if your working the night of the 14th just do it on another night and have your own Valentines day

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Ah yeh true to and i have sent her flowers before on random days, was just thinking since i cant be there on the 14th itself due to work i thought the roses would be a nice gesture accompanied by a card with a nice message on it.

I do think your idea of staying at home is a great idea but sadly cant be done as i share a house with friends and shes still living at home so that not really possible for us hence why i was thinking of a nice hotel. But the lil post its and all was a nice touch.

Thanks for the replys.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

50 is a bit much no? And COSTLY!!! Sure 12 roses on Valentines day is like 100quid or somethin MAD like that??

Going away is a really nice idea. Maybe even some sort of spa treatment in the hotel? Pick a place with a nice spa and let the two of ye go for a dip and enjoy the stuff it has to offer liek sauna, jacuzzi etc? Picking a less well knows place will make it quieter and give ye a bit of privacy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Ah no you can get 50 for 160 euro not cheap but not ridicisouly dear either, 50 maybe a bit much but ive already sent her 30 before and she loved them so kinda feel i have to up it ha.

As for the hotel thats exactly what i had in mind get a nice room and just a relaxing nite, have a few hotels picked out all have spas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

If your GF likes flowers then its a lovely idea - meself I think flowers are such a waste of money - would much rather a voucher for somewhere - weekend away is a lovely idea.

Advertisement